Making a T6 Gear Knob.

NickyBrown08

T6 Pro
So looking for a new gear knob and noticed not much out there and decided to make one myself. I have the luxury of working in a machine shop with lathes and cnc lathes. So had a few hrs spare today and knocked up one. Just took old gear knob off and took a few measurements.
The gear knob didn’t come out aswell as wanted as cnc is running a job. So all done on manual lathe. IMG_2706.jpeg
Knob and insert
IMG_2706.jpegIMG_2707.jpegIMG_2708.jpeg
Insert screwed inside knob

I would probably make a new complete set now I know the fit and so on. IMG_2712.jpeg

Like I said knob isn’t great and probably make complete new assembly when have access to cnc.

So looking for a new gear knob and noticed not much out there and decided to make one myself. I have the luxury of working in a machine shop with lathes and cnc lathes. So had a few hrs spare today and knocked up one. Just took old gear knob off and took a few measurements.
The gear knob didn’t come out aswell as wanted as cnc is running a job. So all done on manual lathe. View attachment 243466
Knob and insert
View attachment 243466View attachment 243467View attachment 243468
Insert screwed inside knob

I would probably make a new complete set now I know the fit and so on. View attachment 243474

Like I said knob isn’t great and probably make complete new assembly when have access to cnc.
I think you just like playing your knob :slow rofl: :p
Looks great :thumbsup:

Good skills......probably need to glove on to change gear in the winter lol

Good effort. The Ford Puma used to have a round Alu gear knob. In the summer you couldn’t keep your hand on it, but changing gears wasn’t an issue.

I've made a few knobs for different motors , something quite satisfying about making your own :thumbsup: .
I used to have a glove over it in winter to save it freezing my hand :D

Very nice, I was going to make my own one and hadn't considered about it being cold in winter. Was planning to make a ally handbrake sleeve as well. I do have some purple plastic balls might make one of them into a knob

Back