AdBlue - which brand are you using?

Howzat

T6 Legend

So we know Mannol oil is cheap and I'm sure many of us wouldn't use it for our van but what about this adblue?
AdBlue is just a mixture of distilled water and urea and this seems to conform to ISO standards so looks like an insane deal to me considereing it's delivered too.
What do you guys think?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh, I paid £10.49 (but with a funnel) for that!

Recent production date on the cap, and the van's still running, so go for it.

I've got through 80l of Mannol adblue in the past year. No issues. I syphon the 20l drums into smaller 5l cans that have a funnel for easier filling.

Reactions: CAB
thats well cheap . .

10L £20 at the shops,

£15.99 online?

++++++

20L for £17.98 - bit of a no brainer, just ordered two tubs

+++

+++

1704475509748.png

We'll see when (if) they turn up.... No funnel by the looks ok it so I'll need to rummage for an old adblue tub.

Do you reckon the funnel off your old adblue would fit the mannol neck? Would save decanting it. Good date on those bottles which is reassuring.

Do you reckon the funnel off your old adblue would fit the mannol neck? Would save decanting it. Good date on those bottles which is reassuring.
No I don't believe so ....

The screw cap seems to be larger than the standard 5L tubs you get.

Not sure how to go.

Either separate funnel.

Or

Decant (with separate funnel) into a standard adblue tub.

I might pop to halfords and grab a standard tub for reference and future decantings.

Yeah, I'm thinking keep an old tub and decant into that before filling the van. Saving £22 compared to Screwfix. Used to be £10 for 10l, then £15, now £20 just in the last 2 years. Mannol is even cheaper than it was 2 years ago and delivered to your door. Nice one.

Joined the team Mannol! 18.16£ 20L
Added 10L and it shows 13.000miles.
Quite surprised to see it can take 17.5L
IMG-1073.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously I'll stick with 5 litres for £23.99 from Marks and Expensive BP Stations. It must be better for that price surely?! Are you sure that's a manufactured on date rather than expiry? I've only ever put 5L in I have no idea...

just picked up a standard 10L tub with funnel.

1704971061205.png1704971081394.png

the silver cap was a pig to get off - until i remove the lower locking ring.....

1704971116954.png

happy to report that the funnel, as we suspected does NOT fit the round tub.

1704971169530.png

new tubs also shows Production date . . . . . . . .

1704971213592.png

which means you need a standard funnel, or old tube and transfer funnel. . .

currently thinking about this. . . . with the bottom thin bit cut off. . .

1704971381151.png

Quick question guys: does AdBlue have a limited shelf life? I've got 20l of Mannol AdBlue in my basket, as per the deal above, and I'm ready to hit buy, but I don't need any yet (counter says 10k left). TIA.

To some extent yes, the risk is it forming crystals which may then block pumps/nozzles. Allegedly the "better" ones have more additives to prevent this.

For me I'm not using it at a rate where the cost really bothers me, and I'd rather keep the tank topped up to minimise crystal formation, so I'm just buying the best deal I can find when the advised top hits a "standard" 5l or 10l bottle from somewhere that doesn't have the stock sitting in the forecourt for months.

Reactions: Bav
To some extent yes, the risk is it forming crystals which may then block pumps/nozzles. Allegedly the "better" ones have more additives to prevent this.

For me I'm not using it at a rate where the cost really bothers me, and I'd rather keep the tank topped up to minimise crystal formation, so I'm just buying the best deal I can find when the advised top hits a "standard" 5l or 10l bottle from somewhere that doesn't have the stock sitting in the forecourt for months.
Any idea what the rate of use is? At what mileage on the countdown would you add another 5l?

Back