Mechatronics repair DQ500

PhillH

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I have bought a T5.1 caravelle with a faulty auto gearbox. It is a 7 speed DQ500 and I am getting fault code 10793 - Transmission input speed (G182)
P0716 - Implausible signal.

The gearbox is in limp mode and will only select reverse and even number gears

I sent the mechatronics to ECU testing but they do not have the software to test it.

Another company said to change the speed sensor but I would have expected the garage it went to already to have done that

Anyone had this fault or has a DQ500 mechatronics repaired?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have a 2011 4motion caravelle dq500. I had a similar issue... whenever you floored it for kickdown the GB went into limp mode. I could only get odd gears. Switch it off and on again the fault cleared. I took it to VW, they said the was the GB, I told them I wanted proof, (as the Mechatronics unit was still under warrenty I was hoping it was that) they did change the mech again instead of the GB. The fault cleared, but it does still happen now and again. Some guy on a FB forum had similar issue and it was bad solder in the mech unit from speed sensors

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have a 2011 4motion caravelle dq500. I had a similar issue... whenever you floored it for kickdown the GB went into limp mode. I could only get odd gears. Switch it off and on again the fault cleared. I took it to VW, they said the was the GB, I told them I wanted proof, (as the Mechatronics unit was still under warrenty I was hoping it was that) they did change the mech again instead of the GB. The fault cleared, but it does still happen now and again. Some guy on a FB forum had similar issue and it was bad solder in the mech unit from speed sensors
I have not had time to look at it yet, I have been looking on line for others with the same issue but had no luck. My next step is to replace the mechtronics. I will check the solder joints now you have said that. I did think about changing the speed sensor first but all the ECU companies say P0716 is a mechatronics failure.

Who was your mechatronics under warranty with?

Back