MFSW VCD Coding

Tanstalf

T6 Pro
Popped down to my local mechanic so I could use his MaxiSys VCD to finish my MFSW setup. I am a total novice at this but work in IT so gave it a bash. On the plus side, I now have Needle Sweep and am set to Australia.

Here is the problem. I don't have a byte 29 for the MFSW. Any advice? Do I need to upgrade the VCD, use another Transporter profile or ???

See screenshots below. I can see there are 30 bytes in the long string, but only 27 are showing.

1000007134.png

1000007132.jpg

1000007133.jpg

You're changing the last byte to 40. If you can't use the long coding in that tool to do it, you can use the long coding tool with VCDS (even without a licence). Install it and run C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\LCode.exe

1720474977676.png

Then I guess you can use the Set Value (first UI screen you posted a picture of).

Remember the first byte is 0 so the 30th segment is byte 29

Reactions: Bav
Pretty sure I can change the long code, but

(a) I'm totally new to this
(b) Scared

Do I change the whole string and just replace the last 00 with 40?

I've not used that tool. But I would imagine it shows the whole existing value, then change the last value to 40 as you say. But write down what it was before. 40 is what mine is set to and I have a MFSW.

Time to put in the big boys pants and give it a shot. Worst case since change it back.

Quick Q. What is the LED change to keep the main beam on when switching to high. Been looking for.this everywhere and could not find it.

I've not used that tool. But I would imagine it shows the whole existing value, then change the last value to 40 as you say. But write down what it was before. 40 is what mine is set to and I have a MFSW.
What do you have for Byte 17?
I managed to change Bit 7 for CCS, but (same as Byte 29) Bit 2 is not an option on the UI

Time to put in the big boys pants and give it a shot. Worst case since change it back.

Quick Q. What is the LED change to keep the main beam on when switching to high. Been looking for.this everywhere and could not find it.
Quick update on this, @Ed Webb has tried out the coding change and its a success :thumbsup:
There is one bit that needs to be changed to allow the low beam to stay on when the high beam is active but unfortunately there is no tick box for this bit.

As always please please take a full scan of your vehicle before trying any changes so you have an exact copy of the coding before you start, me and Ed got it wrong the first time around and had to revert the change before trying again

Byte 22 Bit 1 needs to be reduced by a value of 2 (turned off)
I have looked at several scans from various vehicles and this two digit byte generally ends with a C, reducing this value by two will make it an A
eg
6C becomes 6A
CC becomes CA
etc etc

Reactions: mmi

Back