Michelin cross climate 2 ok for VB air?

18T6

T6 Pro

255/45R18 MI CROSSCLIMATE2 103YXL​

Hi, are these ok for 18” amorak steels on vb air? For T30 camper?

Thats a standard size for transporters and vb air doesn't drop much lower than standard - you'll be fine.

I don’t think they do vector all seasons in that size do they? Have those at the mo, been impressed.

I’ve not bought them yet, but I’m looking at the 18” amorak steels… quite like the idea of those ageing then put the originals back in a few years back to stock alloys
Are you looking at standard Amarok steels, or looking at having them banded??

Not sure I want to do that unless 255 is going to look silly on them?
I only ask because the standard rim is 7.5” wide…. not wide enough for the 255 really. 235 is as wide as you want to go on that rim. If you’re going banded then anything from 8.5” will accommodate the 255 ok. :thumbsup:

I only ask because the standard rim is 7.5” wide…. not wide enough for the 255 really. 235 is as wide as you want to go on that rim. If you’re going banded then anything from 8.5” will accommodate the 255 ok. :thumbsup:
Thanks, that’s why I was asking the question really - any idea what would be a good option? As I said been impressed so far with the vectors and reason for those is good wet/winter grip, plus camping if it gets messy and general wear rate… so it’s either find 235s or have the steels banded…

Looks like I’d be better with 235 but on the cross climates I’d have to go up to a 55 to get the load rated 104 suv - is that correct?

Looks like I’d be better with 235 but on the cross climates I’d have to go up to a 55 to get the load rated 104 suv - is that correct?
To be officially load rated yes…. the CC 2’s come in a 104

Back