Mirror’s?

T6ARF

Matt
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Can anybody please shed some light on this for me please…. I’ve searched the forum but can’t find anything.

I’ve owned my van for nearly five years now and I have noticed many times (when looking directly at it from the front) that my drivers side mirror is lower than the passenger side….

IMG_8176.jpeg

Now to be honest I’ve always just thought that this must be how they all are and it’s never really bothered me. I know that the T5’s used to have a different mirror on the passenger side to the drivers side….

IMG_1236.jpeg

But then last weekend at the @Dav-Tec open day meet, another chap with a T5.1 who had upgraded his mirror’s to that of a T6 asked me the question?

Any idea’s anyone?

Could my mirror have been replaced by the previous owner with the wrong mirror?

Looks like me rescue dog. One ear bigger than the other due to been in a fight and chewed off!
On a serious note I agree. Something ain’t right there! Is the drivers side one a T5/Caddy one??

Photograph both sides showing the gaps between the wing and bonnet, as it looks like the bonnet is sitting higher on the offside

Oh no @T6ARF :slow rofl: not this debate again I had frank almost in tears about his at one point pmsl

The T5 had the different mirrors either side as you say..... And everyone hated them.

Vw fixed it on the T5.1 by having matching mirrors.

That followed through on the T6.

Now as to wether the T5 doors/ mirror mounting point are the same on both sides.... Im not sure.

Suppose we'll have to look at the T5 doors to see if the holes are the same both sides.

Photograph both sides showing the gaps between the wing and bonnet, as it looks like the bonnet is sitting higher on the offside
This is the drivers side….

IMG_8178.jpeg

And this is the passenger side….

IMG_8179.jpeg

Both mirror’s are the same…. the only difference is the black plastic mounting. The mirror is mounted higher on the passenger side than the drivers???

They T5 doors then?....

The mirror mount must be at a different height then to accommodate the different odd size mirrors.

This is the drivers side….

View attachment 242865

And this is the passenger side….

View attachment 242867

Both mirror’s are the same…. the only difference is the black plastic mounting. The mirror is mounted higher on the passenger side than the drivers???
Can you photograph the whole wing, showing the gap between bonnet and wing, from headlight to door..

In your first photo it looks like there’s a gap above the near side headlight. I had my bonnet off for respray and when they put it back on, the offside wasn’t sitting properly.
Just a thought

They T5 doors then?....

The mirror mount must be at a different height then to accommodate the different odd size mirrors.
Not that I know of?

The mirror’s themselves are the same…. the two mount’s are different?

Can you photograph the whole wing, showing the gap between bonnet and wing, from headlight to door..

In your first photo it looks like there’s a gap above the near side headlight. I had my bonnet off for respray and when they put it back on, the offside wasn’t sitting properly.
Just a thought
IMG_8180.jpegIMG_8181.jpeg

I’m thinking that the passenger side must’ve been replaced at sometime before I got the van…. but why would the ‘wrong’ mount be available? Surely all T6 mount’s would be the same?

Reactions: CAB
Back