MSXTTLY Car Play/Android Auto Wireless Adapter

PlanB

T6 Pro
Bought the above wireless dongle for my new 6.1 as it is highly rated.
Pairs with my Android phone okay, but crashes and restarts the head unit every time it tries to connect.
It used to say "component protection active" but now just says USB fault.
Tried with 2 Android phones with no joy, no problem with an iphone and worked well.
Been into developer settings on the phone, and Android Auto wireless is enabled.

Simply plugging the phone in with a USB everything works fine.

Am I flogging a dead horse here? Or is there a wireless dongle that will work with a 24 plate 6.1 Highline?

Thanks.

That was the top rated one when I was looking.
The MSXTTLY was rated just behind it, a bit cheaper and smarter looking.
Think I will order the Motorola, and if it doesn't work straight off, use the Amazon returns service.
I left it too long this time thinking it was the head unit rejecting it. As I said a guy hooked up his iphone to Carplay with no bother.

Thanks.

Looking at the Motorola unit and it seems to be full-sized USB. I think the ports on my T6.1 are USB-C only. Is there a hidden full-sized one somewhere or would I need to use an adapter?
Thanks

Looking at the Motorola unit and it seems to be full-sized USB. I think the ports on my T6.1 are USB-C only. Is there a hidden full-sized one somewhere or would I need to use an adapter?
Thanks
Yes, I noticed that too!
My old T6 had both USB A and C, but as you say the 6.1 only has 2 Cs.

I have a little adapter that came with my Pixel 8 Pro that reduces from A - C, so should be just fine.

Back