Multi Function Control Module

SimonT32

My 2022 T32 comes with an upgraded Starter Battery 92ah AGM and Increased Alternator Capacity and a Terminal Block with Preparation for MFCM which I think means Multi Function Control Module but I have no idea what all this means and I can't seem to find anything on the VW website; can anyone help?

got a pic of the starter battery?

looks like you got a 91ah AGM over a 70ah(ish)

A 180A alternator over a 140A

and some factory vans has the extra second battery via a relay under the passenger seat. . . and the Callis have twin extra batterys.

That's got the T6.1 extra fusebox on top of the battery..

What is it you want to do?

Not sure yet, I just wanted to understand what I have as I am new to the Transporter world :) The first thing I want to know is what does the upgraded Starter Battery 92ah AGM and Increased Alternator Capacity give me and what is the Terminal Block with Preparation for MFCM?

Terminal Block with Preparation for MFCM.

This bit may be under the seat for additional leisure battery?

Post a few pics of the electricals under the driver / passenger seat.

Eg...

Screenshot_20240805_083924_Chrome.jpg

The functions are basically as described, you get a slightly larger battery so it has increased capacity for powering stuff, you get a higher capacity alternator so it is capable of supplying more current to recharge your onboard batteries or power 3rd party equipment and finally the terminal block is literally a set of connections that output a variety of things from the van like voltage/lighting functions/engine run signal etc
The terminal block is designed to provide a single handy connection point for conversion works after manufacture and will be mainly utilised by companies converting the van into an ambulance or an RAC truck or a delivery van etc etc etc, theres not much that would interest an end user there other than an ignition live/engine run signal possibly ?

The functions are basically as described, you get a slightly larger battery so it has increased capacity for powering stuff, you get a higher capacity alternator so it is capable of supplying more current to recharge your onboard batteries or power 3rd party equipment and finally the terminal block is literally a set of connections that output a variety of things from the van like voltage/lighting functions/engine run signal etc
The terminal block is designed to provide a single handy connection point for conversion works after manufacture and will be mainly utilised by companies converting the van into an ambulance or an RAC truck or a delivery van etc etc etc, theres not much that would interest an end user there other than an ignition live/engine run signal possibly ?
I ordered my van with the interface under the passenger seat. It allows for an easier installation of the VB air suspension & as you say, the engine run signal is handy for B2B chargers. I think it was about £90 as an option on a new build, so a no brainer.

IIRC on the T6 there were 2 or 3 different options for external interface connectors but I’m not sure what variations there were for 6.1 ?

Reactions: mmi
Back