My New T6

Looking very different @Roger Preston

I've seen those types of awning pole brackets on Motorhomes, but they only tend to be on American units, and not UK or European spec. Never seen them on a T6. I assume they are screwed to the sides?

Welcome to the forum.

Awesome.
Welcome to the forum.

UK company, Vision Tech Automotive, are currently in AUS setting up a sister company.. be interesting to see how the fair there.

Care to share you bus alittle more.. would like too see how you guys do it there.

It looks like a Frontline conversion.

A great van for hitting the coast

Nice :thumbsup:
Not sure I’d rest the legs of the canopy awning on the van though, won’t it mark it?

Nice :thumbsup:
Not sure I’d rest the legs of the canopy awning on the van though, won’t it mark it?

Most of the Campervans sold here have the awning mounts on the side of the van, i've got a set of VW Candy White Aluminium mounts sitting in the shed waiting to go on for mine.

The bottom of the legs clip into the mount that is screwed in, so there is no marking of the van, if you look at the mount location, it's close to the fold in the door, that is quite strong and won't deflect.

There are two versions of the mount, a plastic one and a Aluminium version, i wanted mine colour coded.

Most of the Campervans sold here have the awning mounts on the side of the van, i've got a set of VW Candy White Aluminium mounts sitting in the shed waiting to go on for mine.

The bottom of the legs clip into the mount that is screwed in, so there is no marking of the van, if you look at the mount location, it's close to the fold in the door, that is quite strong and won't deflect.

There are two versions of the mount, a plastic one and a Aluminium version, i wanted mine colour coded.
Interesting, thanks, not come across that before :thumbsup:

You say it won't mark the van, but surely it's screwed through the actual panel, as in a hole drilled in your door and rear quarter?
What's the actual benefit between screwing the legs to the side, against it just being placed on the floor? There must be a logical reason it's done differently.

I never understood why the American RV's favoured this. The brackets are often screwed into the GRP sides, this never seems to hold and eventually the screws work loose, and those that bonded and screwed ended up with rust marks running down the fibreglass which on an older RV is near on impossible to remove.

You say it won't mark the van, but surely it's screwed through the actual panel, as in a hole drilled in your door and rear quarter?
What's the actual benefit between screwing the legs to the side, against it just being placed on the floor? There must be a logical reason it's done differently.

I never understood why the American RV's favoured this. The brackets are often screwed into the GRP sides, this never seems to hold and eventually the screws work loose, and those that bonded and screwed ended up with rust marks running down the fibreglass which on an older RV is near on impossible to remove.
My guess is the support locks into the bracket so if you’re parked on a hardstanding or hard ground and cant peg the poles to the ground you still have a secure fix? Get what you’re saying though and if you ever remove the awning the brackets would be left on the side of the van.

My guess is the support locks into the bracket so if you’re parked on a hardstanding or hard ground and cant peg the poles to the ground you still have a secure fix? Get what you’re saying though and if you ever remove the awning the brackets would be left on the side of the van.

Thats right, it's handy when parked up and the ground is so hard you just bend pegs, helps on concrete padded sites as well.

And yes the brackets are stuck there, it is a campervan, if the bracket is sealed with sikaflex you won't get rust marks

another thing that you see here is the Reimo table support on the sliding door to you can use the table outside.

It's not pretty, but practical

Back