My T28 conversion

Oldmanriver

VIP Member
Hi
A bit of a new t to this but this is my journey so far!
Bought the 2017 T28 102bhp high line -175000 miles but it had a new clutch,flywheel,alternator,water pump,cambelt a year before so I reckoned it was worth it as it drove very well.
Started converting in April and did roof rails, towbar first. Put the two side windows in myself and then did the soundproofing and insulation. Had the carpet lining done by my son.
Did the roof lining and all the side panels myself.
Put the floor in using B&Q LVT -bargain!
The bed was next from Vulcan.
Once that was done I had a slight hiccup when the aux belt shredded, tangled up the camber causing it to jump two teeth and put the valves through the pistons. Opted for a new VW with two year warranty. They found that the steering pump was binding which caused the aux belt to shred so that was changed.
I built the storage under the bed and down the side and opted for a power bank to run the 12volt lighting. Don’t go for the kitchen as we always use campsite with EHU. Captains seat for my wife was a must, new pioneer CarPlay radio and a drive away awning has finished it off. Just need to use it now as we missed the season fitting the new engine! Loved all the advice on here so thanks to all your brilliant posts!

IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2653.jpeg

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3175.jpeg

IMG_3178.jpeg

IMG_3313.jpeg

IMG_3392.jpeg

Nice van.
Was there any indication when driving that the steering pump was causing issues? Mine feels a tad suspicious now and then but garage says it’s all fine.

I had a squeal @2000rpm and thought it was a pulley. A garage che led it out and found nothing. 900 miles later it went, I suspected an alternator drive pulley. The garage that fitted the new engine discovered the pump was binding when they fitted all the auxiliaries on the new engine. No symptoms in terms of steering efficiency!

Back