New Kenwood head unit reversing camera and parking sensors at the same time

martinpie

Hi Everyone,

I'm reasonably new to the T6 life and have a 2019 kombi with the standard VW headset (it has carplay and android auto). My van has the from factory revering camera and parking sensors (front and rear) - is that park assist?

I'm looking for a new head unit with wireless carplay and that reduces the glare so have been looking at the Kenwood DMX9720XDS or the Alpine halo 9.

The one feature I'm really keen on is having the front and rear sensors displayed whilst the camera is operating. Is that possible on the DMX9720XDS? This screen shot is the only one I've seen after the endless videos I've watched but it only has the rear sensors displayed, all the other videos I've seen of the Kenwood have either the camera on, or the park assist on with the front and rear sensors visible, not both at the same time.

Screenshot 2024-09-07 083426.png

Thank you very much for any help,

Martin

Hi Everyone,

I'm reasonably new to the T6 life and have a 2019 kombi with the standard VW headset (it has carplay and android auto). My van has the from factory revering camera and parking sensors (front and rear) - is that park assist?

I'm looking for a new head unit with wireless carplay and that reduces the glare so have been looking at the Kenwood DMX9720XDS or the Alpine halo 9.

The one feature I'm really keen on is having the front and rear sensors displayed whilst the camera is operating. Is that possible on the DMX9720XDS? This screen shot is the only one I've seen after the endless videos I've watched but it only has the rear sensors displayed, all the other videos I've seen of the Kenwood have either the camera on, or the park assist on with the front and rear sensors visible, not both at the same time.

View attachment 257997

Thank you very much for any help,

Martin

Yes it does overlay the sensors with the camera screen, like the Alpines

The 9720xds is a superb unit with the best screen. And we supply many inc all the correct parts to do the install correctly

Back