new member - potential e tranporter owner

stuckonarock

hi

am considering an Abt E Transporter.

Very aware of the range issues. I live on Jersey (9 x 5 miles) so rarely do 20 miles a day. I dont intend to take it abroad.

Seems to be a good opportunity to get a fairly new Transporter for cheap. The prices have dropped crazy amounts as they do sound quite useless range wise for the mainland. The local government are currently offering £3.5k grant towards EV even 2nd hand.

Anything I need to consider? thanks all for time and the forum.

Hi
I have been thinking about getting one for a few years now, the prices do seem reasonable now however whilst my van was in for service I asked the service manager about them and he said lots of problems with the ecu , I am now considering an e vito with the larger battery but they do look a bit tragic next to a transporter!

Hi
I have been thinking about getting one for a few years now, the prices do seem reasonable now however whilst my van was in for service I asked the service manager about them and he said lots of problems with the ecu , I am now considering an e vito with the larger battery but they do look a bit tragic next to a transporter!
yeah that sounds quite worrying. I need to see if anyone here can fix them if I have issues I suppose.

Skyline Roofs North had one for sale at Volkspower, around £16,000 plus vat if I remember correctly, but it would take a week to get it down and over to Jersey :D

Back