New steering rack

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Had my steering rack replaced week beginning 1st July.
Over the last three weeks I’d noticed a noise from ( what I thought was ) the suspension.
Windows shut, air con on, problem solved.
I’d also paid about £60 because my oil level was apparently too high ??
Short journeys I was told.
I can assure you that I didn’t do it, VW did ! My T6 manufactures oil !
One week after this, I get told I need a minor service and the oil gets replaced
Anyway, windows down and the noise over speed bumps was still there.
I happen to retrieve a ball that the dog dropped under the van and spotted the problem.
The undertray was hanging off. Three bolts were missing and three hanging on by a few threads, fresh oil behind it.
Managed to find three bolts and washers of a sort and put it back.
Careless and total incompetence by a VW dealer.
This is after they had to visit me, when I arrived home after the repair, to replace the centre of the steering wheel.
They’re unbelievable to be honest.

And that’s why I won’t take my van to a main dealer unless it’s absolutely necessary !

I went into VW commercial's to ask if I may borrow ( ..lol) the dsg clutch cover seal forming tool..?
I was told by the Master Tech that they don't replace the cover in a gearbox, they just replace the gearbox and he has never used the tool ..... so I replied with .. "can't get better than a quick fit fitter ... sorry that is why I gave up mechanics, as your just fitters" ..... mwaaahhh
So home I went, got a load of part numbers, back to them and I bought the tool from VW's at a pricely cost of £14.
They are complete numpties, master techs and anyone who states they are a vw mechanic, I told him he's just a fitter a few times now, he has no intelligence and had no response to my comments, probably want's to "sort me out" as a bit of a lump.
DIY is key .... but if it's under warranty then get it diagnosed/read by VW's, then I would also go to an independent garage that uses VAG-Com by a garage that's verified on here and get a complete transmission validation.

Last edited:
Back