new van owner & nothing is working!

Hi there!

I’m a new owner of a T6, and I love it. However, it feels like nothing is working. I’m wild camping right now & the fridge, gas & electric all don’t work… I’m sure there’s a very simple trick I’m missing.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Georgia

Hi there!

I’m a new owner of a T6, and I love it. However, it feels like nothing is working. I’m wild camping right now & the fridge, gas & electric all don’t work… I’m sure there’s a very simple trick I’m missing.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Georgia
Hi

Assuming you have checked all are switched on at the consumer unit for the electrics, you've switched over to leisure battery power and the gas isn't empty/disconnected/isolated maybe send a video of your setup (the fuse box and gas isolations etc) for us to have a look at? You'd need to do a short video and upload it to you tube if it's gonna be a high memory file. Don't fret though someone will be able to advise you before we all go to work hehe

Have you done a forum search on the issues? There's a wealth of info already logged especially for new owners and teething issues.

Welcome to the forum Georgia. Can you post some pictures of your electric setup, any switch panels or the battery etc. It might help to see what’s going on. Does your gas bottle have gas in it, cam you hear is swishing around in the bottle if you shake it? Maybe there is a isolator valve somewhere

Take some pics of what you have so we can see what you got.

Gas, normally turn on valve at the bottle. Then purge air and cooker should fire... Can you small any gas?

Electric, if wild assuming all battery. Do you have a battery meter to show it's charged?

oh wow thank you everyone!!!

here’s the battery meter, I’ve tried it on leisure battery & vehicle battery with no luck. the gas is brand new canister and I can hear it coming out of the stove but it’s not sparking (matches don’t work either).

I’m wondering if there’s a master switch I’m missing somewhere as the fridge also not working!

IMG_0510.jpeg

Have you tried switching this switch over to leisure battery?

For the 12v electric?

Screenshot_20240712_065951_Chrome.jpg

I'd say check the fusebox. The EC160 console has power to it (as is showing) so it's about the power from it we need to troubleshoot - it may be that you have tripped fuses for individual items (Fridge and hob).

Switching over to leisure battery is the best starting point as above. Let's leave your vehicle battery alone for now hehe

Maybe switch battery charger off as well.

1720765150308.png

Just check if this fuse is pushed in fully as it looks wonky

Last edited:
Hopefully you figured it out.

Welcome to the forum. As a new member we need to see your van please - photos and stats.

It's like sweet ambrosia to us all so until you supply a fix you will be subject to scrutiny and the target of frowns...

Here she is!
Hopefully you figured it out.

Welcome to the forum. As a new member we need to see your van please - photos and stats.

It's like sweet ambrosia to us all so until you supply a fix you will be subject to scrutiny and the target of frowns...
Here she is! Had it a week & planning many adventures.

Took it back to the dealer today as I was nearby and turned out it had a few faults, a dodgy fridge that needed replacing & I’d been sold a dodgy gas can by GoOutdoors. Pleased it wasn’t me being silly!

IMG_0522.jpeg

Here she is!

Here she is! Had it a week & planning many adventures.

Took it back to the dealer today as I was nearby and turned out it had a few faults, a dodgy fridge that needed replacing & I’d been sold a dodgy gas can by GoOutdoors. Pleased it wasn’t me being silly!

View attachment 250442
Fantastic. She looks minty fresh! Happy travels feom here on out!

Back