New Van with high miles or Older Van with low miles?

dubLU

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello. I had hoped to have got a van by now but I keep dithering and convincing myself that I need a different option. The main hurdle is whether to get an older van with lower miles or a newer van with higher miles. My budget is 16-20k., so it seems to boil down to a 14/15 EU5 with 50k miles or 16/17 EU6 with 100k miles. Is either of these a better option for reliability? It won't be used for local journeys just motorway trips and a few euro trips, about 5k miles a year.

Thanks for any input.

I managed to get a 2018 T6 highline with 56k miles for slightly over £20k and after my first intermediate service (oil change + inspection) the garage said everything was in top shape. Owner was a builder but also a VW enthusiast. So you can get bargains if you are prepared to wait.

With our next government looking likely to be one taking its orders from Davos, I can see a lot of older vehicles been banned from the roads or priced off the roads.

I managed to get a 2018 T6 highline with 56k miles for slightly over £20k and after my first intermediate service (oil change + inspection) the garage said everything was in top shape. Owner was a builder but also a VW enthusiast. So you can get bargains if you are prepared to wait.

With our next government looking likely to be one taking its orders from Davos, I can see a lot of older vehicles been banned from the roads or priced off the roads.
Sounds good. I got a 2019 T6 kombi highline with 90k for £24k. It's in great nick.
Agree that Euro 5 will be getting taxed off the road soon. Followed by ours

Back