Padders

Hi all,

Due to a change of interests I have just purchased a T32 6.1 Kombi in Ravenna blue lwb.I had a T5 a few years ago but needed a higher towing capacity vehicle 3.5t due to towing a half scale steam lorry to rallies (now sold) hence was able to get the T32 Looking forward to chatting to you guys on here.

Can I join vip without paypal please?
Yes you can, go to the paypal website & choose to pay by card. This allows you to pay by credit card without a paypal account. I HATE paypal with a vengeance, but that's another story.

Yes you can, go to the paypal website & choose to pay by card. This allows you to pay by credit card without a paypal account. I HATE paypal with a vengeance, but that's another story.
As above, PayPal are the payment handler and you should be able to checkout as a guest using a card without a PayPal account (although they do everything to get you to make an account but you should be able to click through it)

Nope they want all my details not happening.Oh well.Shame i cant get emojis angry really angry face ,-)
It's definitely in there somewhere as it's the method I use. Don't log into your paypal account or create a new account. Try doing it from a device that you've never used for Paypal, or clear your cookies. It's easier to get rid of herpes than a Paypal account....allegedly.

I just checked and one click from the landing page on the PayPal site and I could pay with card without a PP account

I know how you some feel about pay pal thing. Everything in live is becoming too invasive, paying by card, visiting a store, cameras every where, in the street along the road ways. I hate allowing cookies into my home system full stop . I can easily get by for weeks without allowing them. I read various broadsheet news papers on line and view most of what I want with using strict personal controls even though they often try to enforce observance and compliance. I enjoy being on this forum. I can watch from afar of courser without allowing cookies, but can not be part of that civilization that is here. A forum is more than a one way street its not about just taking, but giving too and being part of something. Unfortunately when I looked at the huge list of spying cookies that one lets in just to be here, it is very depressing. I spend most of my time keeping them out of my system normally but to be part of this motoring civilization the T6 forum for example, one has little option but to allow, all of the what I call clandestine entities into ones home. Some of those entities are powerful enough to infiltrate every orifice. The can keep a check of everyone's life. Its why I do not use a mobile phone, buy a more recent T6.1 for example and so on. We are all loosing control of our personal spaces in society and just giving it away cheaply. Cookies and the pay pals of this world are just a few examples of the personal invasion which we tun a blind eye to or give into for convenience but it will cost us all eventually very dearly in the end. Its how governments and security services learn how to control us. One of the head of our own security services has even admitted on TV that most personal intelligence now comes from private sources and organisations whom have been given greater powers to use our personal information for their own clandestine purposes so long as that intelligence is available to them the intelligent services and maybe politicians. Its a symbiotic relationship and it is not necessarily in our favour. When the internet first stated it was very open and essentially private, not now. If your TV is connected then they even know what your watching.

Anyway i am not on a crusade. Its just I could see the threads above which led to my observations and comment.

You're overthinking it, @Kind of Blue.

Whilst I consistently refuse permission for optional cookies unless it's for a trusted site that I use regularly, cookies are not the monsters you're making them out to be - they're just scraps of session/ user data that are (usually) referenced by a single site the next time you revisit that site. Simply accessing an unknown website and interacting with its GUI poses far more of a cybersecurity threat than allowing cookies does.

If you really don't want cookies (e.g when online banking) browse in private mode (aka incognito) and then even "essential" and "mandatory" cookies will be automatically removed once you close your browser session.

You're overthinking it, @Kind of Blue.

Whilst I consistently refuse permission for optional cookies unless it's for a trusted site that I use regularly, cookies are not the monsters you're making them out to be - they're just scraps of session/ user data that are (usually) referenced by a single site the next time you revisit that site. Simply accessing an unknown website and interacting with its GUI poses far more of a cybersecurity threat than allowing cookies does.

If you really don't want cookies (e.g when online banking) browse in private mode (aka incognito) and then even "essential" and "mandatory" cookies will be automatically removed once you close your browser session.
I use Duck duck go as my default search engine & Browser. It's been a revelation. Previously un useable websites have now become a pleasure to use due to the tight popup & script blocking. I'm no longer pestered by incessant Captchas initiated by Google. I also use a VPN which Google hates as it doesn't know who you are & therefore can't make money with targeted ads.

I use Duck duck go as my default search engine & Browser. It's been a revelation. Previously un useable websites have now become a pleasure to use due to the tight popup & script blocking. I'm no longer pestered by incessant Captchas initiated by Google. I also use a VPN which Google hates as it doesn't know who you are & therefore can't make money with targeted ads.
I use duck and go and it sis possible to defeated script blocking in many instances. I understand that a legal change took place were choice of accepting cookies was a legal requirement for general sites and not for it to be a compulsory requirement. For years one cold cruise about with cookies blocked with out any problem at all, that is very different now.

I just object as a general principal to our overall lack of privacy in the modern age. Unless we wish to divulge that by choice. Our telephone systems are bugged and recorded sand stored and have been for many years for instance. Ai can interrogate millions of telephone conversations and find any information or trend that is requested. Mobile phones give GPS position even when switched off and so on. Though that is easy to deal with while out of use. A university in the US did several experiments on TV sets. If they intelligent have micrography it was a very simple tack for them to eave drop on conversations in a room and that was years ago. Within a few years national transmission by radio in the normal way will stop it will all go line. Even now many have their sets plugged into the net for one reason or another and they do not even have the capability of using spyware to help offset snooping or anything else like criminality.

The modern car is transmitting our whereabouts, numberplate recognition and facial awareness cameras abound even in some remote areas. Just the tip of a large information gathering iceberg. Any way that's it end of. Its either use it or no,t go around it block it and so on.

I know how you some feel about pay pal thing. Everything in live is becoming too invasive, paying by card, visiting a store, cameras every where, in the street along the road ways. I hate allowing cookies into my home system full stop . I can easily get by for weeks without allowing them. I read various broadsheet news papers on line and view most of what I want with using strict personal controls even though they often try to enforce observance and compliance. I enjoy being on this forum. I can watch from afar of courser without allowing cookies, but can not be part of that civilization that is here. A forum is more than a one way street its not about just taking, but giving too and being part of something. Unfortunately when I looked at the huge list of spying cookies that one lets in just to be here, it is very depressing. I spend most of my time keeping them out of my system normally but to be part of this motoring civilization the T6 forum for example, one has little option but to allow, all of the what I call clandestine entities into ones home. Some of those entities are powerful enough to infiltrate every orifice. The can keep a check of everyone's life. Its why I do not use a mobile phone, buy a more recent T6.1 for example and so on. We are all loosing control of our personal spaces in society and just giving it away cheaply. Cookies and the pay pals of this world are just a few examples of the personal invasion which we tun a blind eye to or give into for convenience but it will cost us all eventually very dearly in the end. Its how governments and security services learn how to control us. One of the head of our own security services has even admitted on TV that most personal intelligence now comes from private sources and organisations whom have been given greater powers to use our personal information for their own clandestine purposes so long as that intelligence is available to them the intelligent services and maybe politicians. Its a symbiotic relationship and it is not necessarily in our favour. When the internet first stated it was very open and essentially private, not now. If your TV is connected then they even know what your watching.

Anyway i am not on a crusade. Its just I could see the threads above which led to my observations and comment.
Just wait until we live in a cashless society in our 15 minute cities with our personal carbon footprint trackers, vaccine passports and facial recognition everywhere.
They are even developing tech that studies and learns your gape (the way you walk) so even if you hide your face they will still know it’s you that’s out of your 15 minute zone or out during the next lockdown.

Just wait until we live in a cashless society in our 15 minute cities with our personal carbon footprint trackers, vaccine passports and facial recognition everywhere.
They are even developing tech that studies and learns your gape (the way you walk) so even if you hide your face they will still know it’s you that’s out of your 15 minute zone or out during the next lockdown.
The climate crisis is being used as a rod. The wet has ambitions and interests in countries like the Ukraine and others both strategic and resources. Our fuel supplies are very vulnerable and will be targeted. The us will be less effected because they have been drilling and capping new wells for well over 20 years all on US land. European resources at a distance in general. Russia has a massive resource of fuel. It is though vulnerable around its periphery. Hence the west repeated attempts to poke at it. The Ukraine is no accident it was planned. Fist a supported coup then proxi war all with diminished risk and so on. the public here just have to suffer the inconveniences of inefficient fuel change policies and diminished freedoms no matter what government is pulling the strings. Ultimately the most powerful country in the world will decide. And no I have no affinity for the other side not any dislike of practically every American I have met well I did met General Haige of US notoriety "I am in charge" after the Reagen incident. The vast amount of Americans that i have met were very pleasant, open minded inclusive and friendly though sometimes a little ignorant of the real world but aren't we all in some way or other. Its politicians, industrialists and large scale bankers who are the problems. I really don't want to go on i could right a book.

Back