North/Mid Wales Camp Site Recommendation (1 night stay specific)

TheGrapeEscape

@The.Grape.Escape.T6 Instagram
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for here? Me, my partner and my cousins family (2 campers) are going on a mini weekend adventure at the end of June (28th - 30th june) although, the 1 campsite we've found only does minimum 2 night stay.

Our plan was to go to here, but point (A) is the 2 night minimum stay.

Screenshot_20240611_192456_Maps.jpg

The Mrs was specific "we need to have a site with shower/toilets etc" where as I'm like bear grills....minus drinking my own p*ss.

We've found another site for 2nd night, point (C) as its near to where we want to be.

I've tried Park4Night, but again coming up short.

Any other tips, as this is only my second weekend away in the van

There are a few farmers fields with very basic facilities, you won’t find them advertised, just a case ofd driving past and spotting them.

There’s Owen’s camp site in Towyn and good shower facilities.

John.
Thanks John, I'll check this out.
Stayed here last weekend. Really liked it.
Thank you, will check this too
Is the coast of Anglesey too far?
Not really? We're just looking for a bit of fun. See a few waterfalls, go to elan valley etc. If I had a camera, I would have stopped near south stack lighthouse but that's another time

Thanks John, I'll check this out.

Thank you, will check this too

Not really? We're just looking for a bit of fun. See a few waterfalls, go to elan valley etc. If I had a camera, I would have stopped near south stack lighthouse but that's another time
I've stayed here, nice quiet campsite, walsk along the coast. NW Anglesey:

Is Helen farm near Caernavon is our “goto” in that area. Highly recommended.

Lyn Gwynant campsite is pretty good. On a lake, surrounded by mountains, so no phone signal. Facilities are pretty good. Does get really busy during term time

No square hedge, regulation noticeboard or manicured gravel in sight, looks good.
Plus behind me from where I was standing to take the photo was the steam train line running through the forest .Also about a 10 minutes walk from the camping pitches was a small site shop and a place that did takeaway pizzas if that's your thing

Plus behind me from where I was standing to take the photo was the steam train line running through the forest .Also about a 10 minutes walk from the camping pitches was a small site shop and a place that did takeaway pizzas if that's your thing
I’ll bear it in mind. I try to get to Snowdonia once a year but I prefer the winter, that way you don’t end up staring at somebody else's arse when you’re climbing.

Thanks for everyone's tips. I spent a good while phoning all the sites, but sadly, most of them only had minimum 2 night stays.

I'm in Mid Wales now, stopped at 2 amazing well equipped sites with great views, toilets and showers. Highly recommend and only £36-40 per night wirh EHU included

1) Trwyn Yr Wylfa
2) Meadow Springs Camp site

20240628_205056.jpg
20240629_183155.jpg

Back