Not had an accident for 10 years and boom 2

Kingsway

Flooring Contractor
T6 Guru
310BE0A2-B9AE-4D9F-914A-8EA02E6CB916.jpeg Rushing to reverse so the front doesn’t get taken off by a HGV which wasn’t stopping and completely ignored the parking sensors and camera and reversed into a pick up truck.....I feel your pain @PukkaT6 !

My accident was 100% my fault so a bitter pill to swallow for me. Add to that the fact the cost for it all is paid for by my company makes it even worse. My tracker had me as stationary I was edging out that slowly. I also think had they been a more experienced driver they would have better hazard perception. As it happens she passed her test under two weeks earlier.

Every day I think I have to edge out into oncoming traffic because the junction is blinded by parked cars; or I have to straddle the centre white line and pass oncoming traffic with a 1/3 of my car on their side of the road because of parked cars on my side of the road; or on a B-road hope they have mounted the verge as much as me, or our wing mirrors will clip. It all relies on the counter-party being observant and having a clue what they are doing. One day I know my luck will run out, and other than my think-ware 770 which may or may not help me; I will be boing a 50-50 split or worse.
I think that is the point of insurance, sometimes there will be claim and there is not much you can do about it; hopefully NCD counts for something.... We use an independent broker who uses Red-Star virtually only, I could probably eat cheaper, but anytime we have an issue there is never an impact on NCD or loading of premiums. It must be because overall our premiums significantly out-weigh our claims....

Pulling out of side road is 100% Fault mate - but cant help feeling I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My accident was 100% my fault so a bitter pill to swallow for me. Add to that the fact the cost for it all is paid for by my company makes it even worse. My tracker had me as stationary I was edging out that slowly. I also think had they been a more experienced driver they would have better hazard perception. As it happens she passed her test under two weeks earlier.
Don’t see how you can try and justify your poor driving by trying to shift the blame. You pulled out into her. :whistle:;)

We were reversing off our drive (house towards end of quiet cul-de-sac) today in Jo’s car - we were straddling the road and watched an MX5 speed round the corner - he didn’t see us until the last second and stopped literally millimetres from our side. Issue was definitely his speed coming into a small residential close but if he’d hit us I’m not sure how the insurance would have seen it??

Don’t see how you can try and justify your poor driving by trying to shift the blame. You pulled out into her. :whistle:;)
I understand what you are saying, but I bet I have avoided 100+ accidents because I have had a nearly 6th sense that somebody isn't fully aware of the impending circumstances.
And to be honest their have been times when I would have been in the wrong, but an experianced driver has made allowances for my short comings.:confused:

Only had one crash, that was in a works L200, on blue lights. Single carriageway countryside road, nothing coming towards me, straight road, two cars in front of me. Indicated, pulled out, as I got up to the rear quarter of the car in front, she pulled out to overtake the car in front of her! Can’t say what words were emitted, but no guesses when I say the butt puckered and tried to grab hold of the seat pad tighter. Slammed into her, and then deliberately steered in to her as well as it was the only thing I could do to try and stay on the road, since it was lined with trees. Both off-side tyres were on the grass verge, wing mirror brushing the trees. Road it out like a bucking bronco. :eek:

Only had one crash, that was in a works L200, on blue lights. Single carriageway countryside road, nothing coming towards me, straight road, two cars in front of me. Indicated, pulled out, as I got up to the rear quarter of the car in front, she pulled out to overtake the car in front of her! Can’t say what words were emitted, but no guesses when I say the butt puckered and tried to grab hold of the seat pad tighter. Slammed into her, and then deliberately steered in to her as well as it was the only thing I could do to try and stay on the road, since it was lined with trees. Both off-side tyres were on the grass verge, wing mirror brushing the trees. Road it out like a bucking bronco. :eek:
Anything but a Mitsubishi and you might have got round her before she pulled out :)

We have a real problem with hedges and tress overgrowing the verge on B roads.
A car coming towards you thinks you will mount the verge to pass each other, but you can't or you will loose your wing mirrors, scratch down the side of your vehicle or worse.. A real problem which has only just become worse because the County Councils have really cut back or verge maintenance (and pot hole maintaining - come too that)

Anything but a Mitsubishi and you might have got round her before she pulled out :)
You’re right, not only did it not accelerate very well, but it had no ABS so didn’t stop well either!o_O

Back