Not seen a DPF regen in 8 months of ownership?

Mattw90

Hey guys hope all is well, scoured the internet and this forum for the answers so hopefully I’ve not missed anything.

I’ve got a 2016 Aus spec t6 tdi400 bi turbo with 155000kms on the clock. Bought in January this year and wasn’t in great service condition with no history other than the first service. Had it inspected and all good and the van was cheap as chips compared to any others on the market. Had a full major service done and it hasn’t skipped a beat.
It uses no oil between services and no metal or particles in the oil either. It’s a late 2015 build so unfortunately has the rev C egr which I’m looking to get rid of asap.
Question is I have never seen it do a dpf regen since I bought it. We have driven from Sydney to Perth with it fully loaded as we relocated and at no point did i see a lift in revs/ smoke from the exhaust or any other signs of a regen in that time (5500kms over 2 weeks at 100/110kph). Daily driven now with mostly motorway and some town driving. Still no sign of a regen.
I can’t imagine previous owner has done a delete on the system already so I’m wondering if either I’m missing something or something is wrong? Only codes on the ecu are P008700- fuel rail/ pressure too low. This doesn’t effect the car in any way and starts and drives fine with heaps of power (would it cause it not to regen?)
Am I to assume given no oil loss or regens that maybe I’m lucky with this motor (so far) and I have nothing to worry about or is the lack of it a concern?
Auto elec by trade and would notice straight away if something changed while driving the car eg revs up or blowing smoke.
Sorry for the long post but just chasing some clarification before I pay for a removal and tune that may not be required.
Thanks heaps Matt

Have you got Carista or similar? That tells you when it was done last and how much soot build up is in the dpf. If you haven't then it's a sound investment for £30

Have you got Carista or similar? That tells you when it was done last and how much soot build up is in the dpf. If you haven't then it's a sound investment for £30
Been trying to order one all morning but the Aus website isn’t loading up. Will be ordering one asap though to see what’s going on there.

have you got adblue?
as if early 2016 it could be an euro 5.
Somone more knowledgeable on the suro 5 might be able to advise but it might only do passive regens and therefore you wont notice them?
FYI euro 6 (with adblue) does active hece the additional revs and fuel use etc and more noticable

have you got adblue?
as if early 2016 it could be an euro 5.
Somone more knowledgeable on the suro 5 might be able to advise but it might only do passive regens and therefore you wont notice them?
FYI euro 6 (with adblue) does active hece the additional revs and fuel use etc and more noticable

Agreed, I've got a 2016 Euro 5 T6 and in 5 years and 50K miles I've never noticed a regen either. I suspect you're right.

I have owned multiple diesel cars, including a Euro5 T6, and I have never noticed a regen when driving.

Pete

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. It’s a non ad blue so I assume euro 5 and that’s the reason I’m not seeing it.
Just pricing up a remap for it and options are around $1300 for egr delete (I think this is just remapped out of the system) and approx $2500 for remap, egr and dpf delete with the dpf being gutted.
Necessary to spend the extra or not?

Carista arrived today!
No worries on the dpf regen, 5kms since last one (driving home from work) and showing 5.72 grams of soot.
Another test however has shown the egr error at -100%, this is sat still with just the ignition on (not engine running)
Is this a concern? No fault codes on the entire system. Normal reading? IMG_7920.png

I have an Australian spec t6 without adblue with a euro 5 caac engine. In 8 years of driving and over 100000km I have never noticed a regen . Nearly all my trips are long so engine always get up to operating temperature which certainly helps.

Back