OEM Head Unit failing - repair or go aftermarket?

samgoldshark

Hi All,
New member here - nice to meet you!
I have a 2018 T6 Sportsline Kombi and have been struggling with the head unit for a while often not connecting properly to Android Auto and needing a hard reset. But the left half of the screen is now unresponsive to touch input so its time to either pay for a fix or replacement.
Would you recommend getting a dealer to fix the existing one or bin it and get a new system installed like an Alpine Halo 11?
Who would you recommend to do an install and maybe upgrade speakers nearest to St Albans?

Cheers!

Hi All,
New member here - nice to meet you!
I have a 2018 T6 Sportsline Kombi and have been struggling with the head unit for a while often not connecting properly to Android Auto and needing a hard reset. But the left half of the screen is now unresponsive to touch input so its time to either pay for a fix or replacement.
Would you recommend getting a dealer to fix the existing one or bin it and get a new system installed like an Alpine Halo 11?
Who would you recommend to do an install and maybe upgrade speakers nearest to St Albans?

Cheers!
I've got a similar situation in my 2016 highline, in Hemel so keeping an eye on this .. I may try the screen self fit option though

The touchscreen can be bought from eBay. If you do a search there are a few posts on the forum about it

Everything you need to fix your failed touch screen for less than £20 is in this thread. I've just done it and it works a charm.

Well the connection to app connect has also died so I'm booked in to get a Kenwood installed at Absolut5 next month. Having new speakers and sound insulation done while I'm at it :):)

Hope I'm on the right thread. Owning a 2015 Shuttle. The sat nav has gone, well just gone, right is left, north is south, London is somewhere near Moscow.
So must buy a Sat Nav Looking at the 7" Go Superior, Tom tom at Halfords for member at £249 ish.
Is this a good choice.

Is it worth checking all the connection in the back first?
Not being funny, but is the north arrow in the top right corner actually pointing straight up? If it's at an angle try tapping it to see if the map rotates. It should switch between north up and direction of travel up as you tap it?
Hope I'm on the right thread. Owning a 2015 Shuttle. The sat nav has gone, well just gone, right is left, north is south, London is somewhere near Moscow.
So must buy a Sat Nav Looking at the 7" Go Superior, Tom tom at Halfords for member at £249 ish.
Is this a good choice.

OK, thanks for that. I did try to replace with 1 from a breakers, looked the same, but all the electrics at the rear were not compatible. But will have another look. Cheers

OK, thanks for that. I did try to replace with 1 from a breakers, looked the same, but all the electrics at the rear were not compatible. But will have another look. Cheers
The factory head units are coded to each vehicle by the VIN number. It is possible to put one in from another van but it needs unlocking / coding/ cracking first I think.

I tried the give it a gtap, thing. Put in a post code 3.5 miles from me, and gave me a route of 356 miles. So now have a Tom Tom7" Go Superior.

Back