Oil change service-How much should I be paying?

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've just been quoted £300 for the oil change service by VW, does that seem right? Just the oil, nothing else. WTF? How much is oil? and how much do VW charge for labour? as they've said I can wait and be in an out in an hour!

Yup, i was quoted £295 a few weeks back for an 'oil change service'....apparently they wont just do the oil and filter....so all the other 'checks' will be done too...and the 'free' video inspection sh**e too!!

Oil and filter using VW parts just cost me £145 at really good local non VW garage. Last inspection I had from Retro Resus in April 2023 was £75 as part of other work carried out. £295 doesn't sound really bad

I believe it works out cheaper with a 'plan', plus you get the rubber stamp. :p

The last one I had at my local Indy was about £150. My interim oil and filter change that I do myself costs about £80 to do.

I've signed up for a plan. It will see me to the end of my warranty and then I'll start the search for a decent independent. My first service two years ago was literally half the price. Rip off.

Just booked mine in at the local Indy end of August (first date they can fit a full day in) for a full service, investigate/fix oil round drive shaft, sort leaking crank pulley oil seal and do a (not needed) cam belt and water pump replacement and investigate intermittent coil light/replace oil pressure switches as necessary.
Not sure what it will cost, but it will be a damn site cheaper than VW.

Back