Oil filter housing replacement - Chester

Matty45

Can anyone give me an idea if replacing a cracked oil filter housing is a big job.
Based in Chester area if anyone has recon for a good garage that can do this.
Thanks
Matt

It's not a big job. I serviced my own T6 in March. You would need to drain oil first then there is a filter housing drain plug to take the residual oil out of the housing itself. After that unscrew the cracked housing and fit the new one. See here

Depends which engine whether it’s easy or not.

I’ll bow to your experience. I thought an oil change was same on all T6’s.
Job is to replace the housing not change the oil.
Oil filter housing of a CFCA is front of van off (maintenance position), on some others it should be less involved.

Job is to replace the housing not change the oil.
Oil filter housing of a CFCA is front of van off (maintenance position), on some others it should be less involved.
What’s a CFCA?

Go on darkside’s website and put in your reg and it will give you your engine code

It looks like the CAAB engine oil filter and oil cooler is a combined unit of the front of the engine. In this case the front end of the van must be removed and put into the ‘maintenance position’. I’m assuming that you are referring to renewing Item 13?
As for whether it’s ‘a big job’ will depend on your skills, experience and tools but I think you can safely say 3 hours plus with everything prepared and going to plan.

IMG_3302.jpeg

Back