Old LAND ROVER metal sign?

T6ARF

Matt
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Any of you good people out there have any interest/knowledge about old car dealership signs?

I’ve come across this ‘barn find’ of a sign that has LAND ROVER on one side and Rice Trailers on the other. It would have been a Sturgess of Leicester dealership sign and they must have been an agent for the Rice of Leicestershire horse box trailers too?

The sign is made from metal and measures almost 1200mm in length and 600mm deep.

As you can see from the pictures, I haven’t tried to clean it up, it’s as I got/found it.

I will be looking to sell it, but I haven’t got a clue of it’s worth, so If anybody could kindly shed any light on how much it might be worth or if you’re interested in buying it from me, please get in touch?

Cheers, Matt

ED0FE4CA-815F-42C8-B11B-24D9ABAF690F.jpeg90B46809-6B7A-4DB3-8157-A603E6245F25.jpeg

Rice trailers may be connected to Richardson Rice Trailers which was at Shipton-by Beningbrough near York but closed down a few years ago. They used to sponsor the local Sunday league football team that I played for in the early 1980's. Plenty of LandRover dealers nearby so may have been a dual dealer arrangement.

I'd be very interested in the sign if you sell..

Rice trailers may be connected to Richardson Rice Trailers which was at Shipton-by Beningbrough near York but closed down a few years ago. They used to sponsor the local Sunday league football team that I played for in the early 1980's. Plenty of LandRover dealers nearby so may have been a dual dealer arrangement.

I'd be very interested in the sign if you sell..
@Sackmycook So how much would one pay for a BIG old LAND ROVER sign like this? :whistle:

The letters and decals look 'stick-on' rather than enamelled?
My son works for JLR and has just finished his 4 year technicians apprenticeship so was thinking of gifting it to him as a proud dad....

Plus he has a Swb Landie..

Back