Opinions on Alarm & Tracker Set Up Please

kc22

I recently bought a T32 6.1 SWB Highline camper conversion and would like opinions on whether I should change the alarm/tracker setup installed by the previous owners.

The issues I have are (1) the Starline alarm is sensitive, goes off randomly and monitors every actions doors open/closed, engine on/off, etc, (2) both the alarm and tracker both seem to have the tracking capability, and (3) both running all the time are very likely draining battery.

Does anyone have recommendations on changes? I'd prefer to just have one alarm/tracking system.

Tracker: Scorpiontrack (VTS-S5 Tracking System)
Alarm: Starline (S9 System with Sensors)

Thanks!

Get a peace of mind replacement so you know you have it fitted professionally.

Also a j aura cd recommended tracker/imobiliser should get a discount on your insurance.

Give @Dav-Tec a shout for further advise. Chris is super helpful and will provide you with options.

We can do a meta track alarm immobiliser and tracker but to be honest nothing wrong with the factory alarm on a T6.1 and we can wire this into the MetaTrak immobiliser and tracker

We can do a meta track alarm immobiliser and tracker but to be honest nothing wrong with the factory alarm on a T6.1 and we can wire this into the MetaTrak immobiliser and tracker
Hi

What do you mean by wiring it into....

I'm due to pick up my t6.1 mid Oct and looking at different systems, one of which is meta s5 as you mentioned

Thanks

We can get the factory alarm to talk to the MetaTrak S5 so you get push notifications on your phone when the alarm is triggered.

To date and unless someone else has done it we're the only ones to offer this on a transporter

We can get the factory alarm to talk to the MetaTrak S5 so you get push notifications on your phone when the alarm is triggered.
Now I like the sound of that... With a MetaTrak on my T6.1

To date and unless someone else has done it we're the only ones to offer this on a transporter
Oh.... and you're in Derbyshire.... bit of a stretch for me in Brizzle.

Now I like the sound of that... With a MetaTrak on my T6.1

Oh.... and you're in Derbyshire.... bit of a stretch for me in Brizzle.
Worth the drive!!!

Maybe if we are passing-we're Gatwick

I'm just really really convinced that my wallet wouldn't appreciate it....
Fair enough it may not but it certainly won’t if it’s not there in the morning.

OK. So of someone breaks in, it alerts you via Meta ?

Certainly does, even tells you if your battery is running low. Top bit of kit.

We are in the south but can ,will you offer a post install servuce ?-link the alarm post install after meta has been installed if we was passing ?

Just out of interest, what do you recommend for those considering Ghost vs Meta Trak Deadlock? It’s a shame the Meta Trak doesn’t disable via a combination code as I suspect many people will attach the required fob to their van keys.

We recommend both but find we do more MetaTrak installs than Ghost

Back