Ovano Switch XL or Narrow

Badger

T6 Pro
Greetings all, I am about to purchase the Ovano switch system. Just torn between the Narrow or the full drawer XL system. The Narrow appears to have some more added space for storing longer items however the full drawer system appears to use all the available loading drawer space area and looks symmetric of sorts. I am only using it for ocassional camping and probably a few trips to the tip or moving camping equipment. Any views on what would be a better option -XL or Narrow? I want to hear about people who have purchased one or the other and wished they had gone for the other option any advice, lived experiences very welcome. Thanks

I have the Switch XL in my LWB and am very happy with it.
The drawer is massive and is big enough for my needs. I use the top (bed) area to carry sheets of ply, plasterboard etc.
You need to work out what you want to carry to be able to choose which one works best for you.
Good luck in your choice!

Thanks for the insight, really useful. I don’t need it for trade or anything like that however I do like the flexibility of that gap on the left. Also if it’s raining then you could potentially stand on the non drawer bit and open up the drawer side I guess.

Yeah the rear section of the ‘shelf’ folds back on hinges and yes you could sit on that and have your feet on the van floor.
You can still do the same with the full width version with the drawer pulled out a bit. Mines a tailgate so that protects me from the rain anyway….

Thanks really didn’t think about that I would be keen to know if you would consider the narrow kit now that you have owned the full width version?

To tell the truth….
I could easily live with the narrow. As I’m a multi trade I only carry the tools I need for each job being fitting a kitchen, bathroom, man cave, loft conversion etc. Meaning the drawer is never full on mine as I leave the tools in the customers house. I probably wouldn’t use the ‘open’ area as if I had to buy long stuff I put it on the top ‘bed’ area.
If you carry ie a surfboard and want a bed then go for the narrow. Some folk put a dog cage in that area too.
What do you think you will carry??

I don’t do surfing or anything like that but an occasional trip to the builders merchants bringing back timber or pipes etc could be useful. But I suppose you could use the top shelf for that. Just can’t make a decision lol!

I was looking at the Ovano narrow, I like the idea of being able to carry longer loads, ie not in the pullout tray, but unfortunately restricted by the width and height (under the shelve) dimensions, it won’t allow space to carry my various surfboards and/or mtb.

So I bit the bullet and invested in the narrow unit and I am pleased I went for the narrow as I can place my fridge in the void and route cables through the bottom of the drawer. All looks perfect

I was reading the forum down from the top and I was just about to ask you what did you go for as I have the same dilemma really. Like the idea of the bigger shelf but equally feel the space to the side could be useful for longer items. Also, the space allows you to stand to one side within the zone of the van and not out in the rain. Are you still getting on well with it? Did you get a bed or mattress for it? Do you have all your seats in the second row? I have a Kombi and considering moving the single seat into storage for easy access to the front of the Ovano.

Back