Owners of non glazed tailgate vans, need input

HoopDub

I fix stuff
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hola amigos,
I am looking for information on what the interior panel/door card looks like on a tailgate van without a rear screen. More specifically what goes where the wiper motor would be? Is there some sort of blanking piece to fill the gap?
I've tried searching through ex aa van thread with no luck.
Ebay brings up panels with the cut out for the wiper, or a big plastic bubble to cover it. But i cant find anything for a non wiper non glazed tailgate.
Any help would be appreciated

A thousand thanks :)

These a brilliant thank you matey. These explain why i couldn't find anything regarding a cover for the area or a panel that doesent have the cutouts at the top. Looks like VW didn't bother to make anything to tidy the area up on tailgate panel vans.
I can also see that they didn't fit any fixing studs for the wiper motor, just left the 3 holes open where they would be.

The reason my asking this is because im doing a tailgate conversion on my barn door van. Im removing the wiper arm and motor. I was hoping there would be some kind of plastic blanking piece that would replace the motor and fill in the area. But it looks like im going to have to make something to do that myself as i plan on carpet trimming it.
I did consider a plastic panel from a kombi/caravelle type, but they are insanely expensive even second hand with broken clips.

Thanks again Kev.O really appreciate you taking the time to help :cool:

I am removing my wiper cover to fit a van shade. Is the plastic cover any use to you, even if it’s glued on your end?

I found a surround from Shutlle/Caravelle on eBay and carpeted it. I had to find and alternative way of fixing the top part but it’s come out well.
IMG_9220.jpeg

I am removing my wiper cover to fit a van shade. Is the plastic cover any use to you, even if it’s glued on your end?
Ahhh bugger, sorry matey i actually ordered one off ebay after i seen your pics and thought exactly what you suggested about gluing it on some how. I didn't read this untill it was too late ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I found a surround from Shutlle/Caravelle on eBay and carpeted it. I had to find and alternative way of fixing the top part but it’s come out well.
View attachment 258690
I love this, and looks so much better. But they are so expensive. Cheapest i can find is £280 + £65 postage!!!
Screenshot_20240913_110023_eBay.jpg

I almost put in an offer of £200 until i noticed the postage cost and the month long expected arrival. There are others on there for over £400!!!

I love this, and looks so much better. But they are so expensive. Cheapest i can find is £280 + £65 postage!!!
View attachment 258718

I almost put in an offer of £200 until i noticed the postage cost and the month long expected arrival. There are others on there for over £400!!!
I got lucky with mine. Think I paid the guy an extra £30 when I bought some Shuttle seats for my old van.

Back