P0562 Low Voltage

pmblue57

What is regarded as low voltage for T6? Would 11.7v at the battery not running trigger the P0562 fault code?

Not sure what the threshold is for particular fault codes, think it could be equipment specific
Also some things are triggered by a voltage drop so if its always low it may not trigger a specific event ?

Are you having problems ?
What are aiming to do ?

Hi! I started out with a running problem where in the morning it wouldn’t go over 30-40 mph. Engine management light was on diagnostics said it was fuel temperature sensor error. Changed the sensor ran for a week ok but then did it agin one morning. Engine management light came on again diagnostics says low voltage.
Strange because I can’t remember the last time it did a regen. And the start stop has stopped working.

Low voltage can do all sorts of weird things, if you are seeing voltages below 12 on a vehicle thats regularly driven then chances are the battery is failing or you have a parasitic drain somewhere

I tend to change batteries around the 5 year mark, defo by 6 year so with a 2019 van you are around that time where a failure would be reasonable

Sounds like a sensible way forward. May do a check for a drain as well as a new battery just in case.

Thanks for the advise

Still looking for the reason for a low voltage fault. Van started loosing power so I quickly plugged in my diagnostics and recorder all the data channels.
Couple of the channels intrigued me. Voltage of oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1.
One reads 0.8v and the other reads 0.33v.
Does anyone know if this is normal?

IMG_4776.jpeg

Couple of the channels intrigued me. Voltage of oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1.
One reads 0.8v and the other reads 0.33v.
Can you expand the data definition field as there should be something to differentiate these two?
Also would be beneficial to know what engine is in question, what were the conditions at the time of snapthot

Anyways, there indeed are two voltage readings available for the oxygen sensor. Although not helping much but I can confirm that those values fall in my observed min/max range.

Appreciate your opinion, I’m really struggling with this one.

The circumstances when I took these photos; engine losing power, dropped to 4th gear to try and maintain 60 mph, engine up to temp.

Tried to open up the channel but it wasn’t a touch scream and I couldn’t click on it to read it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hope you noticed my error. Was 0.08v not 0.8v

Reactions: mmi
Hope you noticed my error. Was 0.08v not 0.8v
Yes - took the values for my comparison from the picture. Below my recorded min/max (over several hours, over several journeys) - presumably the same parameters as yours.

IDE00558IDE00558
Voltage of oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 (broadband sensor)Voltage of oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 (broadband sensor)
MIN
0.062​
0.273​
MAX
0.625​
4.969​

And, the same identifier is not a typo - the values indeed are received within same message from ECU.

Ok bit of an update. I replaced the battery! Then it turns out I need to have it coded! (Cheeky £75 ).
The engine management light went out but a day later came back on. Now I have 7 faults. They all seem to be relating to bad connections. Trouble is how do you locate these connectors?

IMG_4891.jpeg

IMG_4890.jpeg

IMG_4889.jpeg

IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

Back