JoshBT6

Hi everyone,
I currently have a T6 panel van which I want to slowly (over a few years) convert into a campervan. What insurance has people gone with which will allow you to do this? I’ve figured I will need to get ‘camper to conversion’ insurance? Or can I just go with normal van insurance?
Within the first year I’m planning on only adding electrics (leasiure battery), windows, insulation/panelling and a rock and roll bed (seats).
Thank you for any advice.

Adrian Flux are good and they know what insurance you need whilst converting your van. I have been with them for 5 years now and nobody has ever beat them on price

Thank you both! Can you keep the ‘camper in conversion’ insurance over a few years or does it only allow for one year?

Thank you both! Can you keep the ‘camper in conversion’ insurance over a few years or does it only allow for one year?
Howdens will let you add on modifications as they are done, however I'm talking about a van rather than a camper. They're easy to speak with on the phone.

Just keep them away informed and they are happy with that. Tell them everything is the new policy methinks

Had my panel van converted to kombi dayvan earlier this year. My insurance decided they didn't want to cover it, other quotes were very high. Tried Howden and they cover every mod for £500 and you can keep adding mods as you add more

I used JustKampers for exactly this, with an agreed value policy. When the conversion was completed I sent all the details off and they covered it for the new value.

Followed this thread and after having been with Adrian Flux, then JustKampers. Prices kept going up and so I tried Howdens and managed to get a better price. Thanks!

Just had a quote from JustKampers. I thought they were joking........£2800. 56 years old, only 1 claim in 35 years. Think I better try Howdens or Adran Flux. Last year was £500 with Admiral when it was a panel van.

Hi all,

I have gone with JustKampers in the end as they offered a Camper in conversion insurance where there is no stipulation on how much or how little you have to do.
Around the £700 mark for me

Back