Part conversion - how to store ‘stuff’?

New to owning a T6 - we bought a panel van and have done stage one of our conversion - pretty much everything inc Loc8 table apart from interior furniture / bed (we do have a pop top with mattress)

I think we’re going to have to wait 12 months or so before we can afford the next stage.

Any tips on hints on how to transport and store our ‘stuff’ in the meantime? Clothes / Cadac pro cook and gas bottle / kitchen fundamentals (to use outside) / freestanding compressor fridge etc etc etc? Need some sort of boxes / drawers and some way to stop them sliding about. Anyone got any tried and tested methods please?

We use "really useful" storage" boxes with our OVANO draw/bed system em.

Post a few pics of what you have now, that might give us an idea of where you at.

Second the RUB boxes, if you get the same "series" they stack and lock together, which makes securing them a bit easier.

A0lSvvAkGmJlaUam935I4dvpLAn3BxLVsq_p7fksjRo_CDLinuxa1X86RrS7iS1C5AYFoODce18xPECExBX86JIH0NFxO8...jpg
I tend to use the 35/18 combo for packing the van and the XC70 on road trips, but I also have a lot of 19/9/4 for smaller storage at home.

It’s literally an empty shell at the moment - a big open space. RUB sound like a good shout thanks. Think I might have to put some sort of non slip matting down to stop everything sliding about for now.

The RUB system will lock together quite well but if they are totally free you'll want to have something to hold them down otherwise they can jump free on bumps/potholes.

So something like a couple of tie down points or maybe just make a temporary basic bay out of some ply for the season?

Maybe you could get a 8x4 sheet of ply, cutting it in neatly between/across the rear wheel arches etc, to stop it sliding forward/ backwards, this would keep your kit in rear half so you have room to use a table and swivel chairs if you have them, you could then fit brackets, batons, anchor points etc for your kit to the ply, hopefully the weight of kit will keep it from flying upwards, the gas bottle would need a strong tie down point behind rear wheel arch.
The clear storage boxes always seem fairly brittle to me.
These are not cheap, but I’d recommend some Front runner storage boxes, the solid ones for kit and fabric ones for clothes etc easy to stack and tie downAA41336A-FA3C-4059-A480-018D0BD0B1E8.jpeg0530402C-848C-4591-B3DE-81C7A81CA0E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe you could get a 8x4 sheet of ply, cutting it in between the rear wheel arches etc, to stop it sliding forward/ backwards, then you could fit brackets, batons, ancher points etc for your kit, hopefully the weight of kit will keep it from flying upwards, the gas bottle would need a strong tie down point behind rear wheel arch.
The clear storage boxes always seem fairly brittle to me.
They are expensive but I’d recommend some Front runner storage boxes, the solid ones for kit and fabric ones for clothes, easy to stack and tie down

Hi

We went for one of these in black hex ply and use packing cubes and plastic boxes to store stuff on the shelves

We’ve added some flip up table bits to sides, from ply guys so it adds a bit more practicality and looks ok, with bulkier items bungee strapped to base (beneath flip up table)

Last edited:
Hi

We went for one of these in black hex ply and use packing cubes and plastic boxes to store stuff on the shelves

We’ve added some flip up table bits to sides, from ply guys so it adds a bit more practicality and looks ok, with bulkier items bungee strapped to base (beneath flip up table)
@RhubarbCrumble I have one of these for sale if you're interested!

Will be posting details in the for sale section shortly.

Do you have the D-ring anchor for the other C-pillar? We use the driver's side one and a series of bungie cords to tie things down - on the frame of the front seats, or round and onto itself. Provided you have tough crates, we've found things don't get too squished.

Back