Passenger seat stuck fully forward

icn05

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

A slight problem with the front passenger seat (swivel seat) - I slid the seat forward to swivel the seat back to forward facing position. Seat swivels fine but I now can’t slide the seat back at all - it seems to be stuck solid.

The bar you pull to slide the seat doesn’t seem to click in the same way when you lift it like the drivers side does.

Any clues how to fix? Is it a seat out job?
Any advice appreciated

got a few pics?

especially under the seat.

ratchet the seat fully up and try again.

or fully down, and try again.

For the time it takes I’d just wizz the seat out. You’ve probably spent longer taking the pics than it takes to remove a seat.;)

All sorted now I’m back home. Don’t know if it’s the same on other T6’s or was something to do with the conversion but basically it was possible to slide the front seat so far forward that the springs which release the slider mechanism were fouling on the front slider rail securing bolts & preventing them from working.

Only way I could think to fix it was from the back side of the slider rails we had to make a couple of chisel ends out of some stud I had (screwdrivers would have done but didn’t have any long enough!). While one person juggled the studs to push the springs down, the other pulled the seat back.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, couple of pics below.

I’ve now fitted a stop to prevent the seat being moved too far forward in future but will keep the ‘tools’ handy just in case!

IMG_3352.jpegIMG_3353.jpeg

Back