Philplop’s Cherry Red LWB T6 Shuttle

Philplop

Hi, been lurking for a little while doing my research, but found a suitable van a couple of months ago and have been doing some tinkering since then.

It’s a 2018 LWB 150 DSG Shuttle.

It already had a few mods but I’m gradually putting my mark on it.

As collected:
Lowered about 50mm on springs.
Momo Revenge 20” alloys.
THQ V3 headlights
THQ smoked LED rear lights
THQ sequential side repeaters
Sidebars
Front splitter
Bumper protector
Dark tints

IMG_0801.jpeg
IMG_0805.jpeg

First thing was to remove the tints, debadge the tailgate and get my girlfriend’s number plate on it. (It’s her car, technically…)

With my car and her Beetle that the van replaced.
IMG_0845.jpeg
IMG_0849.jpeg

Nipped for some fish and chips for our first meal in it. It already had the Van X glovebox lid.
IMG_0827.jpeg

Then I got started on the big job of removing all the mint condition rear seats.
IMG_0866.jpegIMG_0867.jpeg

To fit the Caravelle floor and seats that we removed from my Dad’s old T5 Shuttle that he had had the Caravelle stuff fitted in, after it had been written off. It wasn’t a particularly complicated job, but did take me quite a while. Most of the holes were already drilled and had the reinforcing brackets underneath with it being a Shuttle. After reading through the guides on here about doing it with an empty fuel tank it clicked that I’d brimmed it the day before I started taking it apart. Doh. But it was no big deal, just lowered the tank down with a car jack on to some blocks of wood. Lots of plastics and heat shields to remove under there.

IMG_0904.jpeg

Dodo Deadn applied to the floor.
IMG_0944.jpeg

And floor and seat in. I’ll replace the carpet at some point as my dad used it for carrying all sorts of crap when it was in his, so it’s pretty grubby.
IMG_0946.jpeg

Dodo Deadn, foil backed insulation and fleece added in the rear quarters. Haven’t got so far as doing the rest of the van yet.
IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_1273.jpeg

The reason for going for the Caravelle interior is how flexible we found it in my Dad’s old van. This is going to be multipurpose. My girlfriend is an upholsterer so this means she can collect and deliver chairs and settees, it can be used as our bigger car, we can carry our bikes and things, and sleep in it as well. And of course, there was a LWB Caravelle setup gathering dust in my mam’s garage.

Took it to VW Festival for the weekend.

IMG_1028.jpeg

Then tinted the fog lights yellow and had another weekend camping near the Lakes.

IMG_1141.jpeg
IMG_1179.jpeg

I was set on Amarok wheels before I’d even bought a van, so bought a tatty set, had them refurbished in Blue Chrome, which is the mk7 Golf R Pretoria wheel colour, and had them fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 5 and got them on.

IMG_1262.jpeg

And to end this very long post, a final picture I took the other night. Next job is to change the rear lights. Oh, and get some new sticky pads and put the number plate on straight…

IMG_1274.jpeg

Last edited:
Back