Pluscenter Radio

Hello there

I have a 21 VW T6.1. I’ve seen on “plus centre” an aftermarket infotainment system, it seems to replace the previous unit - retain all the vehicle functionality but add much richer functionality.

For £300 it almost seems too good to be true with quite a simple install, link below -

I am debating buying it but there are no reviews and I cannot find anything on YouTube. Can anybody recommend?

Also, on a side note… I’ve just paid £50K for a T6.1 transporter fully converted, 19K miles DSG. Conversion has Smart Control system as well as heating controls, West dubs pop tent etc. it was quite an impulsive decision, my friend told me they are usually 55–60K and it was a deal. But I’m new to this - is the price OK?

Thanks everyone

Welcome Alex

Might help people advise if you detailed what head unit you have currently, what you don't like about it and what you'd like to improve.

There are a lot of options out there and several knowledgeable folks and trade members about.

As to the price, well it was the price you were happy to pay so enjoy the van :thumbsup:

Welcome Alex

Might help people advise if you detailed what head unit you have currently, what you don't like about it and what you'd like to improve.

There are a lot of options out there and several knowledgeable folks and trade members about.

As to the price, well it was the price you were happy to pay so enjoy the van :thumbsup:
Thank you :)

I wasn’t sure how to advise, my vehicle is a 70 plate T6.1 don’t they all have the same unit?

Ha - come on, don’t be shy

Just remember the factory headunit holds several vehicle menus that i doubt will be accessible on that new unit and also removing the factory stereo will break the SOS unit also
If you are seriously considering i would be looking into what factory functions it will keep like rear camera/parking display/menus etc

Just remember the factory headunit holds several vehicle menus that i doubt will be accessible on that new unit and also removing the factory stereo will break the SOS unit also
If you are seriously considering i would be looking into what factory functions it will keep like rear camera/parking display/menus etc
Thank you sir!

I wasn’t sure how to advise, my vehicle is a 70 plate T6.1 don’t they all have the same unit?
Nope, there are 3 models depending on what variant the base van was and what options were added. Many driver aids in the 6.1 are coupled with the processing power of the 2 higher end models. Also on a 6.1 you have the 4G/LTE connection that delivers updates over the air.

Nope, there are 3 models depending on what variant the base van was and what options were added. Many driver aids in the 6.1 are coupled with the processing power of the 2 higher end models. Also on a 6.1 you have the 4G/LTE connection that delivers updates over the air.
Thank you, I had no idea!

How can I find this out?

Hello there

I have a 21 VW T6.1. I’ve seen on “plus centre” an aftermarket infotainment system, it seems to replace the previous unit - retain all the vehicle functionality but add much richer functionality.

For £300 it almost seems too good to be true with quite a simple install, link below -

I am debating buying it but there are no reviews and I cannot find anything on YouTube. Can anybody recommend?

Also, on a side note… I’ve just paid £50K for a T6.1 transporter fully converted, 19K miles DSG. Conversion has Smart Control system as well as heating controls, West dubs pop tent etc. it was quite an impulsive decision, my friend told me they are usually 55–60K and it was a deal. But I’m new to this - is the price OK?

Thanks everyone
Hi bought this unit myself but not had time to fit but got sat nav which my T6.1 doesn't have plus screen display on current unit damaged so no brainer for me

I am also thinking about buying this unit, although Id much rather simply fit an IPAD mini. My head unit now reboots every 30 seconds. And its not the USB hub as I removed it. The standard VW head unit on a t6.1 has ... issues. I googled. After 3 years it fails. Replacement is stupid money.

Please let me know if you go ahead with the PLUSCENTER unit. It is a good deal.

However it is only quad core. Would be good to see video or review of it being used and linking to canbus.

If anyone has simply plugged in a ipad let me know as Ipad's are very reliable.

p.s. I was dubious buying a Transporter but it is very comfortable and I drive slower in it so it is much safer. I would advise fitting Agilis cross climate tyres for winter driving as I get very good MPG out of them ( 45-55 mpg : 50mpg at 60mph now. Mine uses a small amount of coolant on very long drives or simply buy itself when parked for a while on a slope. I was worried it might be a engine crack, but I think its more likely one of the millions of rubber hoses which swell when they are very hot and VW just fitted squeeze clips on them instead of clamps.

Update- Bought one this week and fitted it to my T6 this evening. The unit seems to be fine, I’ll have to update once in for a while. Although the reason I got it was I thought the oem unit was dead. Turns out it must be a faulty connection as the new unit turns off and on as did the oem one. Back to square one

Update- Bought one this week and fitted it to my T6 this evening. The unit seems to be fine, I’ll have to update once in for a while. Although the reason I got it was I thought the oem unit was dead. Turns out it must be a faulty connection as the new unit turns off and on as did the oem one. Back to square one
Ignore the last comment about a faulty connection, I messaged the pluscenter company and got a quick response. They showed which settings to change in relation to sensors, and the headunit works great now. As long as it lasts, it seems like a decent purchase.

Couldn't they have come up with a better name than that?
Sounds like placenta.

Back