Power for alpine amp

JonJop

Looking to install the alpine sub and amp under the driver seat in my T6.1.

There is a fuse block under the passenger seat where the heated seat cable goes and it looks like there are some spare female connectors on the plug. Does anyone know if this can be used to power the amp or does it need to go directly to the battery?

Thanks

IMG_4189.jpeg
Here you go, I powered my alpine amp and sub from the permanent on fusebox under the passenger seat

That’s brilliant. Did you use an adaptor to join the power, or was there a spare for the spade connector to plug into (does it then have its own, in line fuse?)?
I cut the cable to length crimped a terminal on, released the locking tab and inserted into slot number 8

Didn’t use the inline fuse as I’d chopped that much off

I cut the cable to length crimped a terminal on, released the locking tab and inserted into slot number 8

Didn’t use the inline fuse as I’d chopped that much off
Thanks for that. I’m guessing that slot will have a fuse too so no need for an inline fuse? And it’s not permanently powered is it - only when the ignition is on?

Thanks for that. I’m guessing that slot will have a fuse too so no need for an inline fuse? And it’s not permanently powered is it - only when the ignition is on?
Yes I added a 20a fuse into that slot. It’s a permanent feed, the amp needs a permanent feed not a switched feed

I have a spare connector cable that you can push into the fuse holder if you want, just message me your address and I will send it to you FoC, you can crimp it into the existing Amp cabling.

Yes I added a 20a fuse into that slot. It’s a permanent feed, the amp needs a permanent feed not a switched feed
Out of interest, does your rear speakers come on before the front ones (presuming you have rear speakers fitted)?

Thank you

Out of interest, does your rear speakers come on before the front ones (presuming you have rear speakers fitted)?

Thank you
Hi Kev, I’ve got the cables run for rear speakers but haven’t fitted them yet, will let you know when I have

Back