Preferred wheel size when considering a van

Steview

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

A general question,

If you were potentially looking to buy a new van, would you give a van with 18 inch alloys preference above a van that had 20 inch alloys?

The reason for my question is, I’m currently trying to sell my van which has bronze 20 inch alloys fitted and it isn’t getting any response even though it’s a high spec van and camper conversion.
I also have a set of 18 inch Sportline wheels in storage so do you think it would be better to fit these to help the sale or leave as is?

Cheers for any input,

Steve

I don't think there's a definitive answer here - it's simply a matter of personal preference. You could always offer the option of either set of wheels (or both?) and then include pics of your van with both sets fitted (may help those who have difficulty visualising the end result).

Yeah give them the option. Some like big wheels, some don't.

When I found my Caravelle it had 20's in the pictures but I was given the option of the original 17" wheels, which I took.

I don't think there's a definitive answer here - it's simply a matter of personal preference. You could always offer the option of either set of wheels (or both?) and then include pics of your van with both sets fitted (may help those who have difficulty visualising the end result).
yes you’re probably right.
I think that’s what I’ll do. It’s a difficult market now so want to make the van as attractive to buyers as possible

Reactions: Bav
Hi all,

A general question,

If you were potentially looking to buy a new van, would you give a van with 18 inch alloys preference above a van that had 20 inch alloys?

The reason for my question is, I’m currently trying to sell my van which has bronze 20 inch alloys fitted and it isn’t getting any response even though it’s a high spec van and camper conversion.
I also have a set of 18 inch Sportline wheels in storage so do you think it would be better to fit these to help the sale or leave as is?

Cheers for any input,

Steve
Maybe it isn't the wheels that are putting people off, anything will sell at the right price.

Maybe it isn't the wheels that are putting people off, anything will sell at the right price.
Also true but I’m just weighing up the options when I do have a set of wheels laying around. As for price I think it’s pretty competitive considering the spec.
Have a look at my listing and give me your honest opinion if you like

I don't generally feel like aftermarket alloys make much if any difference to the value of the van especially not their cost , simply because they are so personal. Vans with standard Devonports vs £1500 of aftermarket alloys seam to be similarly priced.

I would be tempted to sell the Navis wheels seperately then stick the sportlines on, you will probably be quids in. Or sell both and get a cheap set of devonports to put on, more hassle though mind.

Also true but I’m just weighing up the options when I do have a set of wheels laying around. As for price I think it’s pretty competitive considering the spec.
Have a look at my listing and give me your honest opinion if you like
Have you got a link to your ad?

I don't generally feel like aftermarket alloys make much if any difference to the value of the van especially not their cost , simply because they are so personal. Vans with standard Devonports vs £1500 of aftermarket alloys seam to be similarly priced.

I would be tempted to sell the Navis wheels seperately then stick the sportlines on, you will probably be quids in. Or sell both and get a cheap set of devonports to put on, more hassle though mind.
Yes I think wheels are a personal choice and my thoughts are the bronze wheels are a bit too much for some. I do also think even with the Sportline wheels on and the price remaining as is that it’s still a high spec van at a good price. I’m convincing myself more that fitting the 18’s is the way to go

Back