Probably A Dumb Tyre Question

Zeitgeist

Hi,

I have a T28 which has come with the factory fit 16" Clayton Alloys and 205/65/16 Hankook RA28's fitted.

I am looking for replacements and looking at Michelin CrossClimates as a replacement and have a couple of questions, would be great if someone could help.

First am I right in believing that I could fit 215/65/16's to the factory fit Clayton Alloys with no problem.

Secondly what is the minimum Load rating for tyres on a T28.

Thanks.

I have a t30 kombi which came with the same wheels and tyres as yours. I found the ride was really harsh (it was lowered by 30mm). I fitted Michelin cross climate 215/65/16's to the front and they've improved the ride no end. Unfortunately I only replaced the rears a few thousand miles ago so need to wait a bit untill I fit cross climates on the rear.
I went for the 102 rated xl tyres but others have fitted the van rated tyres. My van is rated 1600 kg kg front and 1620 rear so the 102 rating is ample.

Thanks for the reply, that is a great help. I was looking at tyres and trying to get my head around the load rating. It didn't help with some tyre places having different versions of the tyres.

Back