Protecting rubberised load bay flooring from dents

dilbu

Hi everyone; proud owner of a t6.1 Kombi for 3 months now. One of my favourite 'features' of the van is the plastic matting which i have throughout the entire vehicle. However it's been frustrating at how easily it dents and as contradictory as it sounds i'm trying to work out what ways people use to protect the protective flooring. If I put something like a suitcase in the back for example the wheels or handles push into the floor and really cause big dents, and that's before i load anything in even heavier. DIY ideas I have is a thick piece of rollable vinyl flooring that i can roll out when needed or even leave rolled out; it's super annoying to have to cover what i thought was a great asset but it might be my only option. However it probably wouldn't be strong enough if I was to load something in like some building materials; wondering what others do that have this finishing option.

Thanks!

Found some reasonably priced shaped carpet (ebay or amazon - cant remember) for the back, then on top of that - (I found this lying around a few years ago) a sheet of corrugated steel, then on top of that a shaped rubber mat (again ebay or amazon).
On top of that I put some Tyvek that comes out easily for a shake to get bits off.
There is just enough crawl space in the back but you need a ladder to get to it - but the original soft flooring won't get damaged. (only kidding - barely notice the layers)

Back