Pulling to right after gearbox removed. (Hopefully solved, or not...)

T12

Instagram @forestroadexplorer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello, I am searching for help here because we have a very mysterious pulling to the right.
At front the car have all new bunches expect subframe, but the subframe bolts are changed.
All springs and dampers are almost new. Inner and outer tie rod are changed.
The pulling problem came after flywheel, driveshaft and the gearbox splines (for the right driveshaft was changed.)
The pulling is there in all speed, also when reversing, it increases when braking. Have tested different tires without success. Only things that left is rear arm bushes and subframe bushes.
It was in the Volkswagen repair shop today without results, have been in 3 different shops for alignment at 6 times without good results.
Any ideas.
The car is VW T6 2018 2wd DSG 200000km on clock. From Finland.

Random suggestion, is your front right hand brake binding?
This wouldn't explain the reversing situation, admittedly, unless it pulls the opposite way.

Random suggestion, is your front right hand brake binding?
This wouldn't explain the reversing situation, admittedly, unless it pulls the opposite way.
All the brakes is changed and ok, also checked all the wheelbearing

Maybe a damaged CV joint? Carista Live Data can show the Live Wheel Speeds.

Subframe bushes are pretty solid, I would have a guess it's subframe alignment if its been shifted and maybe not re-aligned correctly ..?
(I dropped mine and re-centralised the subframe on some locating bolts I made up, still not had it tracked since.. on old tracking spec ..10k now and still ok)
All the suspension bushes are centralised, ie not offset, so you would see if any were not fitted right, I fitted solid bushes to my front arms at first chance (T32bushes not polly)
I can't think what can actually be put back incorrectly that will cause the effect... 200000km's the rear arm bushes may go soft ..? ?

Does it pull the same, ie. strength and direction, when accelerating and coasting in neutral?
I'm just wondering if that would isolate a geometry issue over the drive train.

Subframe bushes are pretty solid, I would have a guess it's subframe alignment if its been shifted and maybe not re-aligned correctly ..?
(I dropped mine and re-centralised the subframe on some locating bolts I made up, still not had it tracked since.. on old tracking spec ..10k now and still ok)
All the suspension bushes are centralised, ie not offset, so you would see if any were not fitted right, I fitted solid bushes to my front arms at first chance (T32bushes not polly)
I can't think what can actually be put back incorrectly that will cause the effect... 200000km's the rear arm bushes may go soft ..? ?
Subframe alignment was my first thought too

Is the ride height good all round..
Subframe alignment was my first thought too
I am wondering if all suspension components are in place.. we assume so and ride heights good..?
So you had the diff unit changed inside the dsg..?
Is that all running freely..?
Wondering… If you have this amount of rotational drag that’s pulling the drivetrain.. like torque steer can effect a straight line path…. If it would cause this effect..?
I would jack it up, both wheels, plonk in neutral and have a friend hold opposite wheel whilst you rotate your side, forward direction and then do the same on the other side….
What you are proving is the rotational drag in the planet gears is not too tight(it’s shimmed out), bearing rotation and gears are smooth… all I can think of for home diagnosis..
I did see these replacement dsg diff units on ali-express .. about £800,
Also after great discussion with vw commercial parts, after I purchased my 4motion drivetrain .. they said they have replacement diff cartridges but not readily advertised..
Do you know where your unit was sourced from also ..?

Does it pull the same, ie. strength and direction, when accelerating and coasting in neutral?
I'm just wondering if that would isolate a geometry issue over the drive train.
It's wants to get the steering wheel about 5 degrees to right and after that it like relaxed, like it it centred there...

It's wants to get the steering wheel about 5 degrees to right and after that it like relaxed, like it it centred there...
Are you actually saying that your steering wheel is off-centred ..? and when you drive with the steering wheel central the car goes right ...?
Or is it actually pulling characteristics and you have to wrestle the wheel to keep vehicle out the centre of the road ..? there is a great difference between the two...

The first one, car going straight and wheel is straight and when letting go it going to 5degres to right and pulling.

I would get everything rechecked that it’s all gone back correctly and then a full 4 wheel alignment.

Hopefully found the main problem to this, this will sound unbelievable but I will try to explain so good I can't.
The suspension strut was of center on both sides anti clockwise, on left side really much, this cause that the anti roll bar link was of center and it wanted to pull and center the steering little to the right, the metal that was supposed to center the strut was bent.

Small fault that can cause so much headache!

Thanks to all again off you for all help here, appreciate the help.

Hopefully found the main problem to this, this will sound unbelievable but I will try to explain so good I can't.
The suspension strut was of center on both sides anti clockwise, on left side really much, this cause that the anti roll bar link was of center and it wanted to pull and center the steering little to the right, the metal that was supposed to center the strut was bent.

Small fault that can cause so much headache!
Cool that’s nice and easy to fix

Some updates, the problem haven't disappeared, but it is not so bad like it was before, next up is to change the rear end bushes. I will be back with update when it's done.

Some updates, the problem haven't disappeared, but it is not so bad like it was before, next up is to change the rear end bushes. I will be back with update when it's done.
I have wondered about poly bushes in the rear and eccentric inner bolt adjusters, so you can actually adjust the rear arms, factory bolts don't seem to adjust much if any at all ... especially if the guy doing tracking decides to go against the rotation and gauls up the locating washers ... lol

Back