Random captains seat swivel question

RaynKes

Hi

Looking for help and advice on a Captains seat swivel. Don't have a T6 yet but really hoping we can make our slightly odd needs met so that we can jump in. My other half (Ray) is disabled after a series of strokes and I'm not sure he'd be able to get into the front passenger seat from the front door but I'm thinking that we could get him up a ramp into the sliding door. He could then transfer to the seat whilst it is facing rearwards but the seat would then need to swivel round whilst he is sitting on it.

Family have a Peugeot Boxer with swivel seats and I've seen them do this but I don't know if these would work in a T6.

We're hoping that a van, such as the T6, would give us some freedom and enable us to visit family as well as getting us out and about. At the moment we are unable to visit family and friends because of his needs but feel that a small van, equipped with a bed and small kitchen is just what we need. It needs to be a small van as it will be our only vehicle and just me driving it.

Thanks in advance for any info on whether this is doable or a pipe dream.

Kes

I would say it would be extremely difficult. On my T6.1 with factory swivels the seat has to be fully forward in order to swivel with the passenger door closed. I’ve just attempted it and I had to bend down and operate both the swivel mechanism and the seat forward/backward mechanism together to be able to clear my knees and feet. You have to be a bit of a contortionist.
However there may possibly be other options for you.

Have a look at this site

They may possibly have more suitable options for your specific requirements.
Hope you find a solution.

I’d say it would not really work for your needs with a standard swivel. The seat back needs to be bolt upright and the seat slid forwards/backwards as you turn it to avoid the b-pillar. As mentioned, there may be specific solutions to do what you want though using specific seats, mounts and swivel mechanism. Probably something on a rail that slides back to the sliding door then swivels to allow easy access. Hope you find a solution.

Thank you for your prompt and helpful responses, and especially Ean for actually trying it out, will have a look at those links to find something. Would really like to find a solution that would work for a T6 as we'd prefer this to having to go for a bigger van, given that it will be our only vehicle.

Back