Rattling Fiamma canopy

The Flying Scotsman

Bugger this I’m off fishing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve just fitted a 3m fiamma 45s I’ve used the correct brackets and it’s solid but my trip away last weekend the rattling did my nut in.
I love the fact that my camper has zero squeaks knocks or rattles and drives really smoothly so I’m looking for ideas on how to stop it rattling.
I think most of the rattling is coming from the legs inside so thought about getting a pack of small green dish sponges and strategically positioning them inside. Also maybe a couple of small straps on the outside.
What’s your thoughts guys?
Cheers

I’ve just fitted a 3m fiamma 45s I’ve used the correct brackets and it’s solid but my trip away last weekend the rattling did my nut in.
I love the fact that my camper has zero squeaks knocks or rattles and drives really smoothly so I’m looking for ideas on how to stop it rattling.
I think most of the rattling is coming from the legs inside so thought about getting a pack of small green dish sponges and strategically positioning them inside. Also maybe a couple of small straps on the outside.
What’s your thoughts guys?
Cheers
Are the leg clips installed within the cowling?

I had the same on my F45s it was the legs rattling in the case ( the butterfly part ),for now i have put a bit of cloth on them to stop it.
I will have to make a sock to fit over the end of the leg when i get chance.
But yes it drives you mad.

Are the leg clips installed within the cowling?
I’ve just reread this. I thought you meant are the legs clipped into the cowling which they are but now I’m wondering if you are meaning special clips inside the cowling to hold the legs?
Do you have to instal these clips yourself? If so I haven’t. I kept all the bits that came with it so should have them if that’s the case.

Back