Recommend a pop top and company to fit

Gary_M

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anybody recommend a pop top for our T6.1 SWB than can comfortably hold two adults, around 150kg total?
We’re looking for recommendations of a company in the North West area (Manchester area) that can supply and fit along with finishing off some carpeting. Probably supply and fit a Fiama side awning too at the same time.
Thanks in advance.

The bed-board for an Horizon pop-top is rated upto 300 kg I believe, though their roofs aren't exactly what you'd call cheap.

Can anybody recommend a pop top for our T6.1 SWB than can comfortably hold two adults, around 150kg total?
We’re looking for recommendations of a company in the North West area (Manchester area) that can supply and fit along with finishing off some carpeting. Probably supply and fit a Fiama side awning too at the same time.
Thanks in advance.
I visited AJC in Glossop when I was looking and was impressed with them, they fit Reimo. I've subsequently bought a van that already had a Reimo roof fitted and I'm quite impressed with it in terms of quality, although if starting from scratch I'd go for the Reimo low roof rather than the Easyfit that my van has because of the extra room you get internally at the rear (the rear board pivots upwards) and the height of the van will come below the 2m magic mark. But the team at AJC were helpful, not pushy and very knowledgeable. I'll definitely go back there to get some upgrades done. Ask for Brandon.

Last edited:
Thanks in advance.
Brandon and the team at @AJCConversions in Glossop.
Give them a call to discuss, they don't do pushy sales. Had a chat myself with Brandon last week about a Reimo to replace my current cheapy pop top that im starting to wish I never had installed :(

@d8smt @T6ChrisO Much appreciated for the recommendations, always means a lot. @d8smt Glad to hear you're happy camping now and found a suitable van, The easyfit is great but as you say does have it's downsides too, nothing is %100 perfect in my eyes that's available!

@T6ChrisO Don't be too upset, there's always a solution! Did you get any further with the bed fixings?

Also have been in touch with @Gary_M and arranged a visit to discuss further, hopefully good news after our chat :)

Brandon

Would highly recommend James at Custom Campers near Halifax. Fits Austops roofs and will do the other bits you are after to a very high standard.

@d8smt @T6ChrisO Much appreciated for the recommendations, always means a lot. @d8smt Glad to hear you're happy camping now and found a suitable van, The easyfit is great but as you say does have it's downsides too, nothing is %100 perfect in my eyes that's available!

@T6ChrisO Don't be too upset, there's always a solution! Did you get any further with the bed fixings?

Also have been in touch with @Gary_M and arranged a visit to discuss further, hopefully good news after our chat :)

Brandon
Got some chunkier, longer screws in the bulkhead now so hoping that holds it. Time will tell. Thank obviously the squeak will still be there……….

Back