Reimo v vamoose awning rail

Matrob93

Currently have a pop up roof and looking at fitting an awning rail to my t6 van and like the look of either reimo or vamoose, does any have an preferences on which is the better product and would more likely stand the test of time.

TIA

Me to, watching. Aside from the awning connection which one makes a better rain gutter?

I purchased a Vamoose and actually going to fit today with the help from my friend, I’m confident it’s every bit as good as the Reimo, one just pays to much for so called superior brands! My Vamoose cost me £150.00 + £20.00 from Vamoose e-bay, and it’s getting put onto a 72 reg van.

I purchased a Vamoose and actually going to fit today with the help from my friend, I’m confident it’s every bit as good as the Reimo, one just pays to much for so called superior brands! My Vamoose cost me £150.00 + £20.00 from Vamoose e-bay, and it’s getting put onto a 72 reg van.
Watching with interest, as I am in the same Reimo V Vamoose dilemma

I’ve got a skyline pop top and not 100% sure where the various wiring looms etc got tucked-away whilst they were fitting it. Little bit nervous about blindly drilling holes along that corner of the roof as a result. Any ideas if this concern is justified??

I don’t think for one moment Vamoose would place there reputation on the line by making and filming an installation Video on the Vamoose awning rail fitting! if they knew people doing self installations would be breaching into internal wiring looms. It clearly shows one how to install. I’m glad I had the courage to go ahead and not dither around thinking off the worst case scenario drilling into wiring looms. My Vans a brand new Highline T6.1 and now has a Vamoose awning rail. One happy Vamoose rail owner joint VW owner. All internal bulkhead led’s operating after Vamoose rai install. Masking tape will be removed tomorrow, it’s just assisting setting of the rear rail cap.
B6F86066-CF7C-45D5-9E92-3A024C915B5A.jpeg

92CA9380-2992-4721-864B-5C3C9BBDB2EE.jpegFFB38017-0120-4D3C-B081-A7806E91367A.jpegA69DA3EF-01AE-44E8-8133-0DCBE9E1701F.jpeg

Has anybody fitted a 8mm awning (reimo) to a Vamoose multirail (6mm)?
Vamoose say ‘it should fit’, anybody out there with actual experience?

Not directly answering the question, but in case it helps, I have a 6mm funky leisure awning rail and just bought a stitches & steel 8mm awning. It doesn’t fit!
I have a 6x6mm kador strip for my other awning and the 8mm awning fits into the “6mm” figure of 8 strip. Hope that makes sense/helps.

I can confirm that the Reimo 8mm strip fits the Vamoose 6mm rail.

Like @JB_T5.1 said. My stitches and steel 8mm strip definitely fits the Vamoose rail easily. I checked this before confirming our purchase yesterday at the guys who are fitting our rail as I had the same worries .

Slight tangent, but we've just moved from a funky leisure rail to the vamoose and our 6mm kador strip obviously fits, but as the vamoose is lower than the funky leisure set up, the kador strip figure-of-eight bars droop into the sliding door at the top, so you have to push them up slightly to close the door, which makes a late night door slam tricky. Not sure whether to height of the rail is comparable to the Reimo?

We bought a 1.5 year old T6.1, it is a lot of money to us and as I'm pants at diy, we decided why pay all that cash on a vehicle then risk drilling into it with no experience when there are professionals out there to do it. Each to their own though and fair play to those who've done it themselves.
We've had a Vamoose multi rail installed and use it with a Vango drive away air awning, we also use a Kador strip for ease.
We're interested now in buying either a wind out awning or looking more towards a decent lean to sun canopy type.

We bought a 1.5 year old T6.1, it is a lot of money to us and as I'm pants at diy, we decided why pay all that cash on a vehicle then risk drilling into it with no experience when there are professionals out there to do it. Each to their own though and fair play to those who've done it themselves.
We've had a Vamoose multi rail installed and use it with a Vango drive away air awning, we also use a Kador strip for ease.
We're interested now in buying either a wind out awning or looking more towards a decent lean to sun canopy type.
If you want cheap & cheerful, look at the Reimo palm beach canopy. Had ours 6 years & it’s our “goto” awning.

Back