Remis Remicare 2 Mosquito Sliding Door - Other variants? Midge proof?

peter1987t

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Did some searching in the forums but couldnt find the answer to my question, if anyone did find or knows a topic with the same question, please let me know.

For our T6 LWB 2017 Transporter, I am looking at a musquito sliding door, my installer uses these:

Question:
-
Does anyone have these installed? Or maybe a different brand?
- Do you know if these are Midge proof or do you have a different type which is?
- Other advice?

For example: Reimo Site

35063_2.jpg35063.jpg

And this is how they get installed:

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Peter

I have the one shown in the top photo but in the RHD version. They are made in the Netherlands & rebadged as Reimo. It’s supposed to be a 30-60 minute job to fit it, it took me a day & I’m handy on the tools. The problem was my van floor. The screen comes with a bespoke bottom step for the side door, this is designed to fit a standard height step, but because we have a Reimo bed on rails, our floor is 20mm higher than standard, so the step & floor needed surgery to make it fit.
Part from that, it’s a good piece of kit & works well.

I have the one shown in the top photo but in the RHD version. They are made in the Netherlands & rebadged as Reimo. It’s supposed to be a 30-60 minute job to fit it, it took me a day & I’m handy on the tools. The problem was my van floor. The screen comes with a bespoke bottom step for the side door, this is designed to fit a standard height step, but because we have a Reimo bed on rails, our floor is 20mm higher than standard, so the step & floor needed surgery to make it fit.

Appreciate this! Thanks. I am from the Netherlands, and i've seen a Horrex product aswell (online) but cant find anything which points out they are the same. Do you? Looking at "Remis" they seem to be located in Germany.

Can you post a picture of part you needed to adjust? have a Reimo couch and floor too, so probably have to do the same customization as you do.

Much appreciated!

Also, is it possible to indicate the mesh density?

I have a Horrex sliding door screen on a MAN TGE (Crafter).

Reactions: CAB

@Salty Spuds would you be able to send a picture showing the modification? Really interested in this.

Only no sessum fabric is midgeproof, as used in the old quasar tents. On my previous van I just edged it and fixed with magnets but not overly practical if kids etc. MM34 - Midge Net / Mosquito Net / Noseeum Mesh
I thought about this, but i prefer it to be as hassle free and neat as possible. We're used to sliding doors in the caravan and the easy access is important.

Thanks for sharing!

What about these?

I love the vibe of the company, but again hassle free is most important when on the road.

Thanks for sharing!

Ps. In the meanwhile, i expect a call from my installer if it is possible to DIY with this kit, or too many modifications needed in our existing van setup. Otherwise it would be installed October, but that would be after our holidays.

Back