Remotely flash Hazard lights

kombisnaps

T6.1 Kombi
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just upgraded from a 17 plate Berlingo to a T32 Kombi due to a kiddo on the way and still requiring a work vehicle.
So far loving it.

One thing I miss mind is that the berlingo had a way to check it was locked with the fob by pressing lock key 3 times and it would flash hazards 10 times - think it was a way to find your car in a car park…

I’ve looked through forums but can’t seem to see if it’s been discussed at all / if this is even a feature on the transporter?

I checked manual but couldn’t find anything.

Would be great to know either way as I load / unload a LOT on jobs, and is super handy to check vehicle is locked without having to go test handles etc

using Carista (search on here to find out more) I changed my door locking settings to bleep on lock, it’s so reassuring to hear the bleep I never have to check the handles. Some say it’s antisocial to have the van bleep when locking it at night but I don’t have close neighbours and I don’t lock the van when camping in it at night so I can’t upset anyone - very easy to do with Carista

using Carista (search on here to find out more) I changed my door locking settings to bleep on lock, it’s so reassuring to hear the bleep I never have to check the handles. Some say it’s antisocial to have the van bleep when locking it at night but I don’t have close neighbours and I don’t lock the van when camping in it at night so I can’t upset anyone - very easy to do with Carista
Thanks will check it out!

Welcome to the Forum!
My Hazard lights flash when I lock the van.
Some things can be set from the vans menu.
What year is yours?

Welcome to the Forum!
My Hazard lights flash when I lock the van.
Some things can be set from the vans menu.
What year is yours?
Thanks!

Is a 2022
I think they do flash initially yes, but is there a way using fob that you can get a ln additional confirmation the van is locked without ‘locking’ the van again therefore turning off the deadlocks.

Hope that makes sense.

Citroen was reverse;
First press locked
Second press deadlocked
Third press locking confirmation / extended hazards.

Just wondering if the VW have an additional confirmation signal or something as I have rubbish short term memory along with a lot of location work in random places that doesn’t help certainty / anxiety.

I had a Peugeot with this - you’re right, the dealer said it’s to locate it within carparks, him proving the point as we tried to locate my company car in a car park full of Pugs.

Don’t think there’s an equivalent on the VW

As well as being antisocial it’s been illegal in the uk for quite a few years now. Just letting you know.

Just upgraded from a 17 plate Berlingo to a T32 Kombi due to a kiddo on the way and still requiring a work vehicle.
So far loving it.

One thing I miss mind is that the berlingo had a way to check it was locked with the fob by pressing lock key 3 times and it would flash hazards 10 times - think it was a way to find your car in a car park…

I’ve looked through forums but can’t seem to see if it’s been discussed at all / if this is even a feature on the transporter?

I checked manual but couldn’t find anything.

Would be great to know either way as I load / unload a LOT on jobs, and is super handy to check vehicle is locked without having to go test handles etc
The dour mirrors can be set to fold on lock, so I can tell if I’ve locked it be seeing if the mirrors are folded or not.

Just pressing the plipper additional times deadlocks the van and flashes the hazards as above, holding the plipper button down longer folds the mirrors up, great, the downside of this gimmickry can be when you're sat watching the TV and your plipper being crushed in your pocket decides to open your windows again meaning in the morning you've got wet seats and wondering how come your van is still actually on the drive? :unsure:

Back