Remove Horn Fuse for camping?!

Laura_pea

Is it a stupid idea to take out the fuse for the horn when camping?

Our 10 year old has this set bed set up (see pics): a single blow up mattress on top of the double fold down seat, with a box on the front seat supporting the leg area of the mattress. It been okay… except last sleepover he hit the horn in the middle of the night Thankfully we were on a friends drive but it’s not ideal to risk this when we go to a camp site.
From what I understand (from the manual and searching), there’s no was to override the horn.

Any suggestions of a better set up welcome! The drivers seat is back and as tilted as it will go, steering wheel is as high as it will go. Thank you!

IMG_4191.jpeg

IMG_4187.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I’m willing to stand corrected, but I’m sure that the horn can be programmed only to work with the ignition on in VCDS. I’m sure I’ve seen the option somewhere.

It is definitely in Carista, under the ‘other’ menu in customise… “Horn works even when ignition is off” (toggle on/off).
That’s great to know, thank you! I was considering getting one already, more likely now I know this. I take it the OBD2 would be good enough for this?

I used the Carista to do this as did not like the idea of the horn being pressed whilst parked up. It is a 5 minute job.

It is definitely in Carista, under the ‘other’ menu in customise… “Horn works even when ignition is off” (toggle on/off).
I bought a Carista Evo, and unfortunately for my van, it doesn’t have the ‘other’ menu in the customise section.

I’ve not got a handful of fault codes to decipher and likely to buy a steering wheel lock to protect the horn.

Good call though. Maybe they’ll update it and could be a possibility in the future.

I bought a Carista Evo, and unfortunately for my van, it doesn’t have the ‘other’ menu in the customise section.

I’ve not got a handful of fault codes to decipher and likely to buy a steering wheel lock to protect the horn.

Good call though. Maybe they’ll update it and could be a possibility in the future.
Oh, that’s a bummer.
Wonder if it’s worth moving to the beta version (once any free trial on modifications is finished)?
I haven’t tried beta but I know others on here have - maybe they can check if it’s there?

Oh, that’s a bummer.
Wonder if it’s worth moving to the beta version (once any free trial on modifications is finished)?
I haven’t tried beta but I know others on here have - maybe they can check if it’s there?
That sounds technical I’ll have a look into it though, thanks for the suggestion.

Back