Removing Roof-Prep rails

David McDougall

Hi,

Just taken delivery of an October 2019 T6 Caravelle and surprised to discover it has a rail system bolted to the roof gutter that I suspect is the factory Mounting rails on the roof (preparation for movable roof rack).

Has anyone got experience of removing these and adding the more popular roof rails?

My main concern is that they appear to have more bolts securing to the roof than normal.

Hi,

Yes I took some advice and removed them, and fitted the more common rails with aero bars. The originals are cling filmed together waiting on a new owner if you're interested?

I'm in Worcestershire but reasonably flexible when it comes to travelling, where are you based? Just to be certain they are for a SWB?

Hi, Hamble near Southampton, SO31 postcode and yes they came off of my 2019 T6 Caravelle Exec SWB.

They also fit T6.1 and I think T5, they all have the same roof

If anyone else needs a set, I’ve just removed some from my swb only 12 months old with logo cross bars.

Just a reminder @harveyj09 @David McDougall that sales should only be done in the specific sub forum, and VIP Membership is needed :thumbsup:

Appreciate this thread evolved organically but any further sales activity should be in line with the rules to be fair to everyone please.

Just a reminder @harveyj09 @David McDougall that sales should only be done in the specific sub forum, and VIP Membership is needed :thumbsup:

Appreciate this thread evolved organically but any further sales activity should be in line with the rules to be fair to everyone please.
Apologies it won’t happen again.

Reactions: Bav
Back