Replacement (probably GTI) Seats That Swivel... Do I need 3dr seats?

Ed_T

VIP Member
I'm looking to replace my double front seat with a single, most likely switching both front seats for Golf GTI or similar as this seems to be a seat upgrade for a lot less that a captains seat. I will fit swivel bases at the same time.

Has anyone done this with 5dr GTI seats and do they work ok? I remember hearing somewhere that 3dr Golf seats are better if you want to put them on a swivel base as you need to tilt the seat back forwards to get clearance to be able to swivel the seat.... the 3dr seats have the quick release back (so that people can get in the back of the Golf) whereas a 5dr seat you have to use the seat back adjuster and then try to get the seat back to a comfy angle afterwards (which is a pain). Finding a set of front Golf GTI 3dr heated seats is not easy, or they are 4 hours each way to collect (I'm near Reading and most GTI seats seem to be in Bradford or Manchester). If the 5dr seats rotate without needing to drop the back I can probably find seats within an hour's drive.

Thanks

Back