Retrofit ACC

markt6uk

T6 Pro
My van has a front sensor so would like to try and enable the adaptive cruise control. Could anyone recommend a obd2 /vag(?) Interface that I can use to change the settings, preferably cheaper the better lol

Its not a job you can do yourself, its only recently been cracked and there are a handful of retrofitters in the UK that can do it for you, it will require a replacement set of steering wheel buttons and some programming
From memory i think around £500-600 is the figure i have seen quoted

It’s for the van’s safety features such as front assist which warns you of an imminent impact then applies the brakes if you don’t.

I accept it’s a safety feature. In the four and a bit years I have had this van it’s decided to do its own thing five times. First occasion was during first week of ownership. About two hundred metres from a car turning left when travelling twenty miles per hour approximately.
In over thirty years of driving I have managed to not drive into any vehicle and cause an accident.
Just find its way of doing things rather adhoc and hit or miss. Would happily manage without its input.

With regards to adaptive cruise control, would happily do without that. Have had loan vans with it and it is not my preference.

l do like tech, just not all of it!

Quick question re retrofit acc. Having it fitted next week but I have the stalk with the trip computer. Can I leave this in place and use the new steering wheel one instead. Or do I have to buy a new stalk that doesn't have the trip buttons. I'm hoping there is a way of blanking it off or just having both as I've already spent way too much on van now lol.

Think I've just found the answer but if someone who has done it could confirm that would be great. Before the garage pull my pants down and say I need a new stalk. Apparently you can have the buttons on stalk and mfsw and which ever you use first are the ones that work until you next turn the ignition on ? Anyone know this for sure?

Back