Retrofit Reversing camera

CowardChicken

Hi. I have a T6.1 tailgate, Highline with reversing parking sensors. I want to have a reversing camera, please could you advise as to whether I just need a reversing camera attached over the number plate or do I also need to replace the dashboard console? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you posted this a day or two ago on another thread?

I think you need to give a bit more information as to what you want to do, which maybe why you didn't get much response.

Do you just want to put a cheaper aftermarket kit in with an independent screen?

Do you want a fully OEM spec system?

Do you have a camera capable head unit already or would you consider changing to an aftermarket one that was?

I think you posted this a day or two ago on another thread?

I think you need to give a bit more information as to what you want to do, which maybe why you didn't get much response.

Do you just want to put a cheaper aftermarket kit in with an independent screen?

Do you want a fully OEM spec system?

Do you have a camera capable head unit already or would you consider changing to an aftermarket one that was?
Yeah, I didn't realise I posted in the wrong thread and I couldn't remove it.
I would like to use the existing screen if I can. But would use an additional screen if needed. I'm just after the easiest way of achieving this.
Thank you

The easiest way is likely to find someone like @Dav-Tec or @Absolut5 near you and have them fit one, they will know the wiring routes and the coding.

If you go aftermarket route one thing to be aware of is that the signals to the reverse lights are not pure DC so the cheap basic kits that rely on tapping into the reverse lights wiring to trigger the camera often don't work well, you are better looking for a kit or a harness that pics up the reverse signal from the data on the can bus, similar to this thread:

The easiest way is likely to find someone like @Dav-Tec or @Absolut5 near you and have them fit one, they will know the wiring routes and the coding.

If you go aftermarket route one thing to be aware of is that the signals to the reverse lights are not pure DC so the cheap basic kits that rely on tapping into the reverse lights wiring to trigger the camera often don't work well, you are better looking for a kit or a harness that pics up the reverse signal from the data on the can bus, similar to this thread:

Thank you

We can sort it no problem

Hi. I have a T6.1 tailgate, Highline with reversing parking sensors. I want to have a reversing camera, please could you advise as to whether I just need a reversing camera attached over the number plate or do I also need to replace the dashboard console? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All you need is a camera and installation, works with your factory head unit

Back