Reversing camera / Electric folding wing mirrors

Iza

Hi ,
First post , hope it’s in the correct area .

Recently purchased our T5 , couple things could use an experts opinion on .
Firstly we have electric mirrors , adjustment , heated , they don’t fold when locking (highline) Is this standard on highline ? If I want folding upon locking with fob dies the whole unit need replacing ?

Secondly , the van has upgraded media system pioneer avic f88 dab stereo , it has parking sensors but we’ve also noticed what looks like a camera above rear reg plate .
My Wife () would like reversing cameras so just wondering if this is actually a camera before we start investigating further .
What cost are we looking at to add the reversing camera ( camper conversion ) .

Thanks
Andy

F019377C-EFCE-4AB9-80F6-7E5745F8AF6C.png

9A93F274-0F9E-4FFD-B936-356502085699.png

Hi @Iza - welcome to the forum and, yes, you've posted in the correct area. :thumbsup:

I believe folding mirrors are only standard on T6.1 highlines. Read here re retro-fitting them...

Oh, and that certainly looks like a camera to me. :)

Thought so . We have parking sensors so bit strange this is not connected if this is idd a reversing camera.

I really like the idea of folding mirrors , especially here in Devon with endless lanes and bottle necks .

Thank you !

Reactions: Bav
Thought so . We have parking sensors so bit strange this is not connected if this is idd a reversing camera.

I really like the idea of folding mirrors , especially here in Devon with endless lanes and bottle necks .

Thank you !
Folding mirrors were definitely pre-T6.1

Reactions: Bav
Whilst power folding mirrors were available as an option (T5.1/T6/T6.1 - Not sure on T5?), yours doesn't have them at all.

When fitted, the mirrors don't fold from the key from factory on T5.1 anyway.

That looks like a wedge camera or number plate light camera, aftermarket so would have been fitted with an aftermarket head unit. Does your Pioneer switch to a blank screen when you put it in reverse? Check the settings to see if it has been set to accept reverse camera feed.

The camera does look like it's seen better days though.

Back