Reversing camera wiring help

gonze

Hi all,
A colleague has given me a reversing camera for my 2016 Caravelle as a birthday present. I have the Discovery media head unit. I have searched for previous posts and watched some YouTube videos on the wiring layout but non appear to match the cables on this camera.

I am still puzzled on how I actually wire the trigger and the other cable into/from this camera.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I know the red is to a switched live within the dashboard fuse box and I guess the black to an earth nut in the passenger footwell. Do I need an adapter for the yellow phono plug?

IMG_3755.png

I have now found a you tube video showing I need to run a separate cable from the reverse light to the trigger location at the front of the van.

The trouble I have is I’m struggling to find the ‘reverse light trigger’ cable location for the OEM head unit, is it on the BCM?

Last edited:
Below is what I have worked out with a lot of searching . Still stumped on where the reverse light connects to.

the centre pin of the phono plug to pin 6 and the outer ground (outer shield) to pin 12 on the head unit blue connector.

Camera red cable to a switched live in the fuse box

Camera black to earth but in passenger footwell.

Cable from the reverse light to …..

Or does the reverse light trigger cable power the camera via the red cable? As my camera does not have a trigger cable. Confused!

Last edited:
Below is what I have worked out with a lot of searching . Still stumped on where the reverse light connects to.

the centre pin of the phono plug to pin 6 and the outer ground (outer shield) to pin 12 on the head unit blue connector.

Camera red cable to a switched live in the fuse box

Camera black to earth but in passenger footwell.

Cable from the reverse light to …..

Or does the reverse light trigger cable power the camera via the red cable? As my camera does not have a trigger cable. Confused!
Reverse light cable - check your light which cable it is by testing it and then it should be on your left side when looking from the back near roof going towards front (mine was black/green I think but I would suggest using multimeter to test when putting reverse on with switched ignition - connect to it using Tjunction wago or similar and you have it. rest you sorted i.e. 12v to fuse box with additional fuse would be required. black to ground and jack to your unit

Back